• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Glacier National Park Superintendent Chas Cartwright is a jerk

GWbiker

imported post

The conflict is you can carry, but you can't shoot" except in cases where a person's life is threatened, Cartwright said

No $hit Sherlock!:banghead:

LeMat

imported post

Typical.........

Tell ya what, when Ms. Griz is gnawin' on my skull, I'd say that it's pretty clear my life's in "imminent" danger and I'm fillin' that thing with as much hardcast as I can.

JBinMontana

imported post

I added another post about this, we need more positive input in the comments section. There is at least one poster who would love to do away with our rights under the 2nd Amendment.

Read the comments.

Augustin

imported post

JBinMontana wrote:
"They need to put some very serious thought into what exceptional circumstances it would take for them to discharge a weapon," he said. "I hope people will leave their guns at home."
Seems to me that target shooting in a National Park should follow the same rules for the rest of the state. You can shoot in the National Forest as long as you are 300' off the roadway and not shooting across a road, and not in a campground or other prohibited area.

Gary Marbut authored an excellentreport about shooting on privateproperty in Montana, which reads, "While a person may be charged with disorderly conduct for firing firearms, application of that charge requires the charged person's intent to disturb the peace and riotous or tumultuous conduct, and such charge does not apply to firing at a shooting range."

It seems to me that this same burden of proof would be required for someone target shooting in a National Park.

JBinMontana

imported post

Augustin wrote:
JBinMontana wrote:
"They need to put some very serious thought into what exceptional circumstances it would take for them to discharge a weapon," he said. "I hope people will leave their guns at home."
Seems to me that target shooting in a National Park should follow the same rules for the rest of the state. You can shoot in the National Forest as long as you are 300' off the roadway and not shooting across a road, and not in a campground or other prohibited area.

Gary Marbut authored an excellentreport about shooting on privateproperty in Montana, which reads, "While a person may be charged with disorderly conduct for firing firearms, application of that charge requires the charged person's intent to disturb the peace and riotous or tumultuous conduct, and such charge does not apply to firing at a shooting range."

It seems to me that this same burden of proof would be required for someone target shooting in a National Park.
The point is that there is NO TARGET SHOOTING IN A NATIONAL PARK if you do, you will go to jail.