Thread: Recomend a good digital recorder

Post imported post

I am looking for a new digital recorder. I was considering getting something with a camera in it but not sure how well they would work. So can you guys post what recorder you have and how well they function?

Edited for spelling

Alexandria, Fairfax County, Virginia, USA

Post imported post

DJ_Amish wrote:
    I am looking for a new digital recorder. I was considering getting something with a camera in it but not sure how well they would work. So can you guys post what recorder you have and how well they function?

Edited for spelling
    For quite some time, we had been carrying the Panasonic 4100 -- about $60 at Radio Shack.

Yesterday, I instead used my MP3 player, a 2GB Sansa Clip - $38 at WalMart - and got amazing results. I had it clipped to the neck of my T-shirt, and the clarity was excellent. What I don't know is how long it will record. It will play 15 hours of music before being recharged (USB recharging).

If you're in the market for an MP3 player and want to kill 2 birds with one stone, it's worth considering.

Added feature - it doesn't look like a recorder.
    Laws alone can not secure freedom of expression; in order that every man present his views without penalty there must be spirit of tolerance in the entire population. -Albert Einstein

Post imported post

In case you haven't checked, you may also want to test out your cellphone's recorder feature if one exists on your phone.

Gays are prominent members of firearm rights, we do more via the courts, don't like it? Leave.
    Religious bigots against same sex marriage are not different than white supremacists.
    I expel anti-gay people off my teams. Tolerance is key to team cohesion and team building.

Post imported post

I have a blackberry pearl but the battery time suck on it. I already have an ipod so not really looking for mp3 player. most that i can find at stores in my area are sonys and a few rca for about $30. I have looked on e-bay but as i have posted, looking for what other ppl carry and have and will work.

Alexandria, Fairfax County, Virginia, USA

Post imported post

DJ_Amish wrote:
    I have a blackberry pearl but the battery time suck on it. I already have an ipod so not really looking for mp3 player. most that i can find at stores in my area are sonys and a few rca for about $30. I have looked on e-bay but as i have posted, looking for what other ppl carry and have and will work.
    Well, I have no problem recommending the Olympus 4100. It has worked well for me, and I know a number of people here in the Northern Virginia area ended up choosing that model.
    Laws alone can not secure freedom of expression; in order that every man present his views without penalty there must be spirit of tolerance in the entire population. -Albert Einstein

Post imported post

DJ_Amish wrote:
    Turn your iPod in to a recorder...

iTalk Pro - stereo mic
    http://www.griffintechnology.com/products/italkpro/

$12.29
    http://www.amazon.com/Griffin-Techno.../dp/B000ENQT1W

If that is the mic my friend has, there are a few different mics... then the circle iTalk should be a button.
    Gays are prominent members of firearm rights, we do more via the courts, don't like it? Leave.
    Religious bigots against same sex marriage are not different than white supremacists.
    I expel anti-gay people off my teams. Tolerance is key to team cohesion and team building.