• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Recomend a good digital recorder

DJ_Amish

imported post

I am looking for a new digital recorder. I was considering getting something with a camera in it but not sure how well they would work. So can you guys post what recorder you have and how well they function?

Edited for spelling

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

DJ_Amish wrote:
I am looking for a new digital recorder. I was considering getting something with a camera in it but not sure how well they would work. So can you guys post what recorder you have and how well they function?

Edited for spelling
For quite some time, we had been carrying the Panasonic 4100 -- about $60 at Radio Shack.

Yesterday, I instead used my MP3 player, a 2GB Sansa Clip - $38 at WalMart - and got amazing results. I had it clipped to the neck of my T-shirt, and the clarity was excellent. What I don't know is how long it will record. It will play 15 hours of music before being recharged (USB recharging).

If you're in the market for an MP3 player and want to kill 2 birds with one stone, it's worth considering.

Added feature - it doesn't look like a recorder.

david.ross

imported post

In case you haven't checked, you may also want to test out your cellphone's recorder feature if one exists on your phone.

DJ_Amish

imported post

I have a blackberry pearl but the battery time suck on it. I already have an ipod so not really looking for mp3 player. most that i can find at stores in my area are sonys and a few rca for about $30. I have looked on e-bay but as i have posted, looking for what other ppl carry and have and will work.

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

DJ_Amish wrote:
I have a blackberry pearl but the battery time suck on it. I already have an ipod so not really looking for mp3 player. most that i can find at stores in my area are sonys and a few rca for about $30. I have looked on e-bay but as i have posted, looking for what other ppl carry and have and will work.
Well, I have no problem recommending the Olympus 4100. It has worked well for me, and I know a number of people here in the Northern Virginia area ended up choosing that model.

david.ross

imported post

DJ_Amish wrote:
Turn your iPod in to a recorder...

iTalk Pro - stereo mic
http://www.griffintechnology.com/products/italkpro/

$12.29
http://www.amazon.com/Griffin-Technology-9734-ITALK30-2-iTalk-Pro/dp/B000ENQT1W

If that is the mic my friend has, there are a few different mics... then the circle iTalk should be a button.