• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Good job University Place

sempercarry

imported post

As some of you may remember I sent a letter to University Place to notifiy them of their city code violating the RCWs.

http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum55/18820.html

Theycomplied, took down their signs and ammended their code. I was looking over some of their park rules and rental sheets for the parks and was expecting them to be outdated but it looks like they are following through in every way. Check this out

http://www.ci.university-place.wa.us/ParksandRec/Spring-Summer%20Page/Cirque%20Park%20Picnic%20Shelter%20Info%200209.pdf

sempercarry

imported post

yeah, I saw that too. I can only imagine that it was some irate employee writing something they objected to and didn't give 2 shits if it was misspelled.

Right Wing Wacko

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Tawnos wrote:
Right Wing Wacko wrote:
They should at least run their application form thru a spell checker :lol:
thru?

I think you mean through. ;)

thru  /θru/ [throo],
–preposition, adverb, adjective an informal, simplified spelling of through.

Dictionary.com Unabridged
Based on the Random House Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2009

sempercarry

imported post

bugly wrote:
Do ya think it's too early to get an OC picnic together @ Cirque park?
Maybe we should let it sink in for a bit.....
Why should we.....they have it on paper and it would be a perfect place to have it.

bugly

imported post

sempercarry wrote:
bugly wrote:
Why should we.....they have it on paper and it would be a perfect place to have it.
correct, that does sound like a nice place, too. Wonder if the facilities manager @ titlow knows this, also? Going there today with the kids, so I'll look for illegal postings.

kenshin

imported post

bugly wrote:
sempercarry wrote:
bugly wrote:
correct, that does sound like a nice place, too. Wonder if the facilities manager @ titlow knows this, also? Going there today with the kids, so I'll look for illegal postings.
My girlfriend lives right down the block from Titlow. Been there dozens of times OCing and never had any problems or seen signage.