Thread: im new here, anyone know the minimum oc age for idaho?

Post imported post

my co-worker told me about this site and i really would like to know as much as i can about the idaho carry laws. because as with everyone else here i would like to keep my rights as an american citizen. the civil war was also not won with a registered firearm.does anyone know the minimum carry age, and is there a max magazine capacity?i am 20 yrs old and want to know as much as i can because ive been jipped of my conswtitutional rights long enough. i appreciate anyone who can give me tips as well. thanks to all who post and reply, without whom some wouldnt know their freedoms.

Post imported post

The map says 18.

Post imported post

I'm not a lawyer, check for yourself, seek professional legal council, insert disclaimer here. Seriously.

18 in Idaho, you can't purchase a handgun until 21, but if someone were to give one to you as a gift you could open carry it. No maximum magazine capacity. You might get odd looks if you've got a rifle loaded with 100 rounds though...or a pistol for that matter.

Private property includes shopping malls, stores, gas stations, homes, apartments, etc. If you're asked to leave by a responsible party due to being armed, then you can be hit with trespassing should you choose to stay. Not that you can't work something out with them, but they have the final say. Can't say I've ever experienced this, but it happens.

Advice: Learn to hit what you're aiming at before you carry. Get your temper under control first, even if someone you hate is cussing you out and making every insult possible-be able to walk away whenever possible, it's far preferable to shooting someone, even if it's a legal shoot. I'd suggest an NRA basic pistol course as a good start. Never, ever, EVER draw your firearm in public unless you're going to defend yourself with it (not talking about the shooting range or a gunsmith for work, etc), it can quickly lead to a brandishing charge. Keep it holstered. If someone asks you to see it, they can see it from it's comfortable spot in the holster, don't take the bait and draw. Get a retention holster of some sort, and be prepared to defend the firearm from someone attempting to take it from you. Pretty unlikely if you're alert, but ya never know.

http://www.accessidaho.org/laws_rules/firearm.html Read the first link several times though, and double check any parts you might be uncertain about. An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure, as they say, so spending a couple hours making certain that you're 100% legal is an investment into your personal freedom. Note that many laws apply specifically to concealed carry however, so you're exempt from those when OC. This one in particular is important, should you encounter local-law difficulties: http://www3.state.id.us/cgi-bin/newi...d=180330002J.K