• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Promote CCW on OUR TERMS

Task Force 16

Campaign Veteran
imported post

What do you folks think about a sticker like this for inside a restroom stall door?

"It has been estimated the 2.5 Million crimes are stopped or prevented each year, with a firearm. If you were assaulted, right now, are you equiped to stop it?"

Now is that thought provoking, or what?:uhoh:

TFred

imported post

Task Force 16 wrote:
What do you folks think about a sticker like this for inside a restroom stall door?

"It has been estimated the 2.5 Million crimes are stopped or prevented each year, with a firearm. If you were assaulted, right now, are you equiped to stop it?"

Now is that thought provoking, or what?:uhoh:
Well you would certainly have a captive audience, if only briefly! :p

And it's better than magic marker saying "for a good time, call ........"

Just some additional thoughts... You do need to keep it short and to the point, but un-cited statistics tend to just irritate me. Seems you would gain credibility if you had a fine print at the bottom citing the source for that estimated number. Also, you don't want to point to any one particular organization (unless you, as the distributor of said stickers, actually speak for them, or have their blessing to distribute their name in this mannor) but it may also be nice to list two or three pro 2A/ self defense web sites to give them something to look at if they want more info.

TFred

FMCDH

imported post

The one problem I have with this is the "tagging" factor of damage or themess left behind on public/private property. Stickers are either stik-em backed paper or a mix of paper and plastic, but universally, especially after a time, they adhere to whatever surface they are put on and leave a mess behind if one attempts to pull them off.

I don't know about you, but I personallyconsider anything that leaves behind a permanent or semi permanent byproduct that requires manpower or a special chemical to remove to be defacement of public or private property. I don't think its a good for the OC or any 2A rights group to get an image ofthat of "taggers".

My suggestion, if you want to go the "sticker" route, is to use glass/metal vinyl stickers that do not leave a residue and can be moved or re-moved as needed.

I see the advantages of this being two fold....

1) They can be put nearly anywhere and leave no damage or residue to a surface, keepingthe individualsfrom being labeled "vandals".

2) Someone who likes them can take one home, put in on their own car or window, or can just re-locate it to somewhere they think needs the message. In a sense, viral advertising in the "open source" style.

If you don't know what I am talking about when I say vinyl stickers, the little vinyl labels that the "Jiffy Lube, Grease Monkey, etc. places in your windshield after changing your oil to remind when you next change should take place, thats what I am talking about.

One company that I know of that does this is...http://www.dscsigns.com/

Task Force 16

Campaign Veteran
imported post

FMCDH wrote:
The one problem I have with this is the "tagging" factor of damage or themess left behind on public/private property. Stickers are either stik-em backed paper or a mix of paper and plastic, but universally, especially after a time, they adhere to whatever surface they are put on and leave a mess behind if one attempts to pull them off.

I don't know about you, but I personallyconsider anything that leaves behind a permanent or semi permanent byproduct that requires manpower or a special chemical to remove to be defacement of public or private property. I don't think its a good for the OC or any 2A rights group to get an image ofthat of "taggers".

My suggestion, if you want to go the "sticker" route, is to use glass/metal vinyl stickers that do not leave a residue and can be moved or re-moved as needed.

I see the advantages of this being two fold....

1) They can be put nearly anywhere and leave no damage or residue to a surface, keepingthe individualsfrom being labeled "vandals".

2) Someone who likes them can take one home, put in on their own car or window, or can just re-locate it to somewhere they think needs the message. In a sense, viral advertising in the "open source" style.

If you don't know what I am talking about when I say vinyl stickers, the little vinyl labels that the "Jiffy Lube, Grease Monkey, etc. places in your windshield after changing your oil to remind when you next change should take place, thats what I am talking about.

One company that I know of that does this is...http://www.dscsigns.com/
Agreed, we certainly don't want to be thought of as vandals.

MetalChris

imported post

KS_to_CA wrote:
MetalChris wrote:
Might it look something like this?

You might want to add the photo of the hooded man. Like the one from the crossbreeds holsters.
I like it. Unfortunately I don't have any photo-editing software, so my capabilities are very limited. I betcha someone here could do it though.

david.ross

imported post

iRoo to the rescue...

eh279xsqbh6vhzkpl3iv.jpg

ovabmnywqfol8e6lsry1.jpg

brsj15ka01c4un8eab9x.jpg

6L6GC

imported post

Sonora Rebel wrote:
I've seen one here... 'My Honor StudentKid AlsoCarries a GUN!'

that is good!! How about:

"My well armed and trained honor roll child can shoot your crack head, thug-wanna-be punk of a kid while he's trying to break into the house."

uh, yeah, maybe it's too long.

MetalChris

imported post

insane.kangaroo wrote:
iRoo to the rescue...
Don't get me wrong, those are all cool and stuff, but I fail to see how a dude sitting on some steps listening to his iPod is a threat.

Here's something that I literally threw together in MS Paint

uw3b0zgkbjslr12roa.png

david.ross

imported post

MetalChris wrote:
Don't get me wrong, those are all cool and stuff, but I fail to see how a dude sitting on some steps listening to his iPod is a threat.

Here's something that I literally threw together in MS Paint
Said person is making a hand sign which I cut out.

MetalChris

imported post

I can pretty much see his hands...looks like he's just chillin.

Call me a little liberal PC douche, but I also couldn't help but notice that all of your creations featured people of color. I think maybe the best route might be some anonymous dude in a hoodie...I have yet to find a good graphic, but I know they exist.

Braveheart_NJ

imported post

Outstanding - make a ton and get them out. And while someone will also find a problem the legality of "tagging," remember that your politicians are working full blast to destroy our 2nd Amendment rights and could care less about the legality of that.

We've been playing by the rules of the enemy folks, and that is why they keep winning.

Bill

Dispatcher

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Handing out stickers is legal and is protected by the first amendment...

However, placing stickers all over public or private property may not be legal where you live.

You may be free to hand them out, but sticking them on payphones, public buildings, , private buildings, etc?

I'm not commenting on what is right or wrong about placing these stickers on public/private property. This is not a moral compass check nor me passing judgement. I'm also not debating the effectiveness of this campaign.

I am just saying, check your laws about placing stickers and attaching anything to any property before you do it.

In many areas it could be considered tantamount to destruction or defacing of public/private property. In many areas the charges, if you are found guilty of them, could bring hefty fines or even jail time.

Again, not I'm not judging anything here. Just passing out some advice, check your laws.

Disclaimer (LOL): If I misunderstood what you said about "placing" the stickers I apologize in advance. :cool:

KansasMustang

imported post

2a4all wrote:
Free speech? OK, but it ranks right up there with yelling "Fire!" in a crowded theater.

I'm a bit surprised that no one has (yet) seen this as a terrorist act.
You sir are a zombie. Methinks you're a kool-aid drinker. You're nothing more than a parasite. Go away boy ya bother me.