Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Kalamazoo Picnic!

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

Location: Bronson Park (Parking adjacent to park and courthouse, as well as on the street)
    Date: Sunday, June 7, 2009
    Time: 1:00-4:00pm

What to bring: Your Family/Kids!, A dish to pass (w/ serving utensils), your own plates/eating gear, your own drinks.

Members, if you can, please be Open Carrying at this event. New members: This is a great time to break the ice, as you're among friends.

The Kalamazoo Gazette will be running a story for this event.

We have some members planning on bringing video cameras, however, we could use more. If anyone has a video camera they can bring, or an audio recorder, please do.

I'll be bringing a tailgating grill, only fits about 8 burgers or about 20 dogs at a time. If others would like to bring one too, that would be handy.
    (which means burger meat, dogs, and buns are also needed)

Otherwise, sandwich items are good for picnics.

Edit:

The Kalamazoo Gazette intends to run a preview of the event, and it will be listed in the community calendar on the day before it takes place (Saturday).

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

Confirmed Attendance:

Zigziggityzoo+1 (bringing 2 bags of chips, 2 lbs of hamburger, 1 pkg. hot dogs)
    EM87 (Bringing a cooler full of ice+bottled water)
    stephgrinage23+2 (Buns and brats. Maybe dessert dish)
    hopnpop+2 (chips + condiments)
    jmlefler (setup)
    SparkySteve
    auotosurgeon+1 (chips, hot dogs, tater salad, soda)
    mastiff+1
    bobn
    Fat agnus+2

Tentative Attendance:

hopnpop's two guests.

Post imported post

zigziggityzoo wrote:
    Confirmed Attendance:

Zigziggityzoo+1 (bringing 2 bags of chips, 2 lbs of hamburger, 1 pkg. hot dogs)

Tentative Attendance:
    Ziggy, the Bronson Park Picnic isin the Events Thread.

Post imported post

Woohoo! A Kalamazoo event! I'll be there. I can bring one cooler (the cheap styrofoam kind) full of bottled water, and ice to keep it cool.
    "You'll be walking along.. OC.. and you'll feel GREAT. You'll feel FREEEEE like 1776 kind of Free." -cscitney87

Post imported post

i will be in attendance, with my husband and his son we can bring our own meat and stuff and maybe a dessert??

Post imported post

I am going to try and be there!! Will keep an eye on this and bring whatever seems necessary to round things out!!

Since you didn't explicitly say it I will asume this a BYOG event :celebrate Oh and I most likely shouldn't wear my anti storm troopers shirt...... as the KDPS has no sense of humor lately JK anyway....
    Anything I post may be my opinion and not the law... you are responsible to do your own verification.

Blackstone (1753-1765) maintains that "the law holds that it is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."

Post imported post

I'll be there with friends and refreshments. Specifics to come in the near future.

-Richard-

Post imported post

Think you can count me in + 2 or 3 friends. I'll keep an eye on this for anything that will still need to be brought & do what I can.
    No one has ever walked away from a gunfight complaining that he brought too much ammo.

Post imported post

I'm doing a Kalamazoo Kings game @ 2:05 and need to be at the park by 12:30. I'll be glad to help setup or attend if we start a little bit earlier.

Carry on

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

Alright!

We need some things still:

A couple more bags of chips.
    Any type of side dish
    Bratwursts
    1-2 lb of ground beef (each pound yields about 4 burgers)
    1-2 packages of hot dogs

Post imported post

I'll cover the chips and dips at least. ...wait, ZIG already said he's got a couple bags of chips... I can bring a lil more but won't be much call for 'em if someone's already bringing some. Condiments perhaps? Plasticware?
    No one has ever walked away from a gunfight complaining that he brought too much ammo.

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

hopnpop wrote:
    I'll cover the chips and dips at least.* ...wait, ZIG already said he's got a couple bags of chips...* I can bring a lil more but won't be much call for 'em if someone's already bringing some.* Condiments perhaps?* Plasticware?
    Condiments! Yes! We need Ketchup, Mustard, Maybe cheese, Relish, Anything else people like on Hot Dogs and Burgers.

I've got a couple bags of chips, but if there's 20 people, well... they may not go very far.

I'm asking people to bring their own tableware and drinks, but one person is providing cold bottled water if you can't bring your own there.

See you there!

Post imported post

Roger that - I'll see to the condiments and s'more chips. You can heavily pencil me in for those & consider me confirmed with a maybe +1, 2, or 3

Post imported post

Confirmed attendance .

Post imported post

Confirmed attendance. I may also bring my brother.
    Anything I post may be my opinion and not the law... you are responsible to do your own verification.

Blackstone (1753-1765) maintains that "the law holds that it is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."

Post imported post

SparkySteve wrote:
    Confirmed attendance .
    Welcome Sparky!

Post imported post

Is the food all being covered by a few people, or are we each supposed to bring a little something to grill?
    "You'll be walking along.. OC.. and you'll feel GREAT. You'll feel FREEEEE like 1776 kind of Free." -cscitney87

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

EM87 wrote:
    Is the food all being covered by a few people, or are we each supposed to bring a little something to grill?
    Well, I'm bringing some, but it's not going to be enough for all.

I need someone to bring more, like a package of bratwursts, a couple packages of hot dogs, or a couple pounds of beef.

I also need someone to bring BUNS.

Post imported post

zigziggityzoo wrote:
    EM87 wrote:
    Well, I'm bringing some, but it's not going to be enough for all.

I need someone to bring more, like a package of bratwursts, a couple packages of hot dogs, or a couple pounds of beef.

I also need someone to bring BUNS.
    Rob and I can bring buns. and a couple packages of Brats.

Post imported post

I can't be there but I just want to wish you all the best. I spend a lot of time in Kazoo and Portage and would like to see the local PDs get a handle on how to properly deal with lawful carry.

Thanks for putting yourselves out there.

Bronson
    Those who expect to reap the benefits of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it. Thomas Paine

Post imported post

Bronson wrote:
    I can't be there but I just want to wish you all the best. I spend a lot of time in Kazoo and Portage and would like to see the local PDs get a handle on how to properly deal with lawful carry.

Thanks for putting yourselves out there.

Bronson
    Shame you can't make it. I have heard of some if not several positive "local PD" encounters with legal carriers, altho I think most of them were with CC-ers who've disclosed that they were armed. Regardless, more of them (officers)need to be better familiarized with lawful carry, I agree. Wish you could make it.

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:

Members of OpenCarry.org, a pro-2nd Amendment group, will be hosting an Open Carry Picnic in Bronson Park on June 7, 2009 from 1-4:00pm.

The purpose of this event is to educate the public about openly carrying firearms within the State of Michigan. Members of OpenCarry.org, as well as the general public, are welcome to attend this family-friendly event, and enjoy a good picnic among friends.

Many members present will be openly carrying a firearm at the event. We welcome non-members to join us to learn more about the practice, but open carry is not a requirement to attend. Information will be on-hand for anyone that wishes to learn more about the open carry of a handgun. Please bring a dish to pass and your own soft drinks and tableware.

Where: Bronson Park, Meet at Corner of Rose & Academy, Kalamazoo, MI
    When: June 7th, 2009
    Time: 1:00 PM-4:00 PM
    Press Contact: Josh [redacted]

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter Venator's Avatar

Post imported post

Generally these picnics are pot lucks, bring a dish to share, your own beverages and table-wear.People should PM Springer XDacp know what you will be bringing so he can post it on the events thread.

Be sure to have a video recorder and still cameras so you can post some pictures of all the fun.

I have sent OC info to both the Kalamazoo and Portage PD's so they should be aware of lawful OC.

The main purpose of these picnics is to HAVE FUN and meet people with similar interests.
    An Amazon best seller "MY PARENTS OPEN CARRY" http://www.myparentsopencarry.com/

*The information contained above is not meant to be legal advice, but is solely intended as a starting point for further research. These are my opinions, if you have further questions it is advisable to seek out an attorney that is well versed in firearm law.

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

Bump! 10 days away

Post imported post

I will be there for sure and likely my brother... I will bring a big bowl of potato salad and some soda. If you need anything else as we get closer just PM me and I'll see what I can do!

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast