• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Kalamazoo Picnic!

zigziggityzoo

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Location: Bronson Park (Parking adjacent to park and courthouse, as well as on the street)
Date: Sunday, June 7, 2009
Time: 1:00-4:00pm

What to bring: Your Family/Kids!, A dish to pass (w/ serving utensils), your own plates/eating gear, your own drinks.

Members, if you can, please be Open Carrying at this event. New members: This is a great time to break the ice, as you're among friends.

The Kalamazoo Gazette will be running a story for this event.

We have some members planning on bringing video cameras, however, we could use more. If anyone has a video camera they can bring, or an audio recorder, please do.

I'll be bringing a tailgating grill, only fits about 8 burgers or about 20 dogs at a time. If others would like to bring one too, that would be handy.
(which means burger meat, dogs, and buns are also needed)

Otherwise, sandwich items are good for picnics.

Edit:

The Kalamazoo Gazette intends to run a preview of the event, and it will be listed in the community calendar on the day before it takes place (Saturday).

zigziggityzoo

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Confirmed Attendance:

Zigziggityzoo+1 (bringing 2 bags of chips, 2 lbs of hamburger, 1 pkg. hot dogs)
EM87 (Bringing a cooler full of ice+bottled water)
stephgrinage23+2 (Buns and brats. Maybe dessert dish)
hopnpop+2 (chips + condiments)
jmlefler (setup)
SparkySteve
auotosurgeon+1 (chips, hot dogs, tater salad, soda)
mastiff+1
bobn
Fat agnus+2

Tentative Attendance:

hopnpop's two guests.

SpringerXDacp

imported post

zigziggityzoo wrote:
Confirmed Attendance:

Zigziggityzoo+1 (bringing 2 bags of chips, 2 lbs of hamburger, 1 pkg. hot dogs)

Tentative Attendance:
Ziggy, the Bronson Park Picnic isin the Events Thread.

EM87

imported post

Woohoo! A Kalamazoo event! I'll be there. :D I can bring one cooler (the cheap styrofoam kind) full of bottled water, and ice to keep it cool.

autosurgeon

imported post

I am going to try and be there!! Will keep an eye on this and bring whatever seems necessary to round things out!!

Since you didn't explicitly say it I will asume this a BYOG event :celebrate Oh and I most likely shouldn't wear my anti storm troopers shirt...... as the KDPS has no sense of humor lately:banghead: JK anyway....

hopnpop

imported post

Think you can count me in + 2 or 3 friends. I'll keep an eye on this for anything that will still need to be brought & do what I can.

jmlefler

imported post

I'm doing a Kalamazoo Kings game @ 2:05 and need to be at the park by 12:30. I'll be glad to help setup or attend if we start a little bit earlier.

Carry on

zigziggityzoo

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Alright!

We need some things still:

A couple more bags of chips.
Any type of side dish
Bratwursts :)
1-2 lb of ground beef (each pound yields about 4 burgers)
1-2 packages of hot dogs

hopnpop

imported post

I'll cover the chips and dips at least. ...wait, ZIG already said he's got a couple bags of chips... I can bring a lil more but won't be much call for 'em if someone's already bringing some. Condiments perhaps? Plasticware?

zigziggityzoo

Campaign Veteran
imported post

hopnpop wrote:
I'll cover the chips and dips at least.  ...wait, ZIG already said he's got a couple bags of chips...  I can bring a lil more but won't be much call for 'em if someone's already bringing some.  Condiments perhaps?  Plasticware?

Condiments! Yes! We need Ketchup, Mustard, Maybe cheese, Relish, Anything else people like on Hot Dogs and Burgers.

I've got a couple bags of chips, but if there's 20 people, well... they may not go very far.

I'm asking people to bring their own tableware and drinks, but one person is providing cold bottled water if you can't bring your own there.

See you there!

hopnpop

imported post

Roger that - I'll see to the condiments and s'more chips. You can heavily pencil me in for those & consider me confirmed with a maybe +1, 2, or 3

zigziggityzoo

Campaign Veteran
imported post

EM87 wrote:
Is the food all being covered by a few people, or are we each supposed to bring a little something to grill?

Well, I'm bringing some, but it's not going to be enough for all.

I need someone to bring more, like a package of bratwursts, a couple packages of hot dogs, or a couple pounds of beef.

I also need someone to bring BUNS.

stephgrinage23

imported post

zigziggityzoo wrote:
EM87 wrote:
Is the food all being covered by a few people, or are we each supposed to bring a little something to grill?

Well, I'm bringing some, but it's not going to be enough for all.

I need someone to bring more, like a package of bratwursts, a couple packages of hot dogs, or a couple pounds of beef.

I also need someone to bring BUNS.

Rob and I can bring buns. and a couple packages of Brats.

Bronson

imported post

I can't be there but I just want to wish you all the best. I spend a lot of time in Kazoo and Portage and would like to see the local PDs get a handle on how to properly deal with lawful carry.

Thanks for putting yourselves out there.

Bronson