• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC in Prattville, AL

jeremyabbott

imported post

Attached is an email I sent to the Prattville Police Chief. Below is his reply.

The cowboy carry is not against the law. Pistol permits allow the weapon to be carried concealed. The way society is today and the shootings in malls, schools, and on the streets, law abiding citizens will call the police when guns are seen and the Prattville Police will respond. Most certainly their will be questions but if there is no violation of “any” law, no arrest should be made. If one is made, innocent or quilt will be determined by the courts.

Mississippian

imported post

'Cowboy carry'!?

Hmm. So if you are not a LEO, and youcarry your handgun in an open fashion,you are stereo-typed as being a cowboy? Is that a good orbad thing?

Yippee ki yay!:D

Mr.Advocate

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Mississippian wrote:
'Cowboy carry'!?

Hmm. So if you are not a LEO, and youcarry your handgun in an open fashion,you are stereo-typed as being a cowboy? Is that a good orbad thing?

Yippee ki yay!:D

I love your responses Mississippian, we have yet to get together here in Mobile and Open-Carry somewhere.

Yeah, everyone I know stereotypes me also as being infatuated by the western days to, come on, its called the second Amendment fokes not the cowboy days.

Yippee Ki yippee yay hey hey hey , splash:celebrate

TheMrMitch

imported post

Mr A....left hip and right hip....butt forward. Hehheh

The 'whup' is jus' in case.:dude:

whipII001.jpg

Mr.Advocate

Campaign Veteran
imported post

kurtmax_0 wrote:
Heheheh. I need to get dual civil war BP revolvers to carry one of these days.
no kurtmax_0, don't do it man, those are blackpowder six shooters, not a good thing when it comes down to a reload in a real life situation. If your going to carry old time revolvers then make sure at least they can hold a modern bullet.:lol:

Mr.Advocate

Campaign Veteran
imported post

TheMrMitch wrote:
Mr A....left hip and right hip....butt forward. Hehheh

The 'whup' is jus' in case.:dude:

whipII001.jpg

Mr.Mitch cool pistols and all, but what if you run into more then one or or few guys, there isn't a speed loader out there for those revolvers. Keep those for looks and back ups in your house and up date to at least the next generation of revolvers, so you can put bullets in there quick if need be. Remember, you don't pick your battles the battles pick you, and you never know what kinda guns criminals are toting these days. I carry a 24 7 pro 9mm made by taurus firearms, with a 17 round clip,plus one more 17 round clip that fits in a extra ammo slot on the holster itself. If I run into more then 34 criminals, then its my time to go. I haven't OC'd to much around here, but I'm tryin to get some peaceful pro-gun people together to start where I live at. Right now I pretty much just CC, with my permit of course, but I'd like to open carry more without the harassment from LEO's here in my state.

Task Force 16

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Mr.Advocate wrote:
kurtmax_0 wrote:
Heheheh. I need to get dual civil war BP revolvers to carry one of these days.
no kurtmax_0, don't do it man, those are blackpowder six shooters, not a good thing when it comes down to a reload in a real life situation. If your going to carry old time revolvers then make sure at least they can hold a modern bullet.:lol:
During the Civil War, the officers that carried these B&C revolvers carried extra cylinders that were pre-loaded. All they had to do was change out the cylinders as they empty them. Sort of like an early version of "speed loading".

Mr.Advocate

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Interesting news on the B&P's there Task Force 16, I didn't know that much about black powered pistols, thanks.

I love Glocks, the 45 a good caliber Mr. Mitch, but the ammo is a bit pricey, I stick to 9mm cause there a good size caliber, and relatively affordable for my budget;)

DJDD

imported post

Interesting to know that Jeremy. I'm a fellow Prattvillian myself and plan on carrying when I get back from overseas in November. Due to concerns with little old ladies and soccer moms calling the cops if they see a gun on me, I think I'll stick to my concealed carry.

Granted it would be much easier to defend yourself in a hostile situation with OC, it would also not be worth the hassle of having every cop in town know you by sight. I'm in a quandary there as they already know me very well. I've got a lead foot and a convertible, those back country roads beyond the city limits on 57 are too fun to resist. :lol: