• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Asked to leave resturant while oc

darthmord

imported post

ProShooter wrote:
darthmord wrote:
I stopped by Lynnhaven tonight since it was our movie night. Night at the Museum: Battle of the Smithsonian was pretty good. The kids liked it. So did we.

Anywho, the sign was wored slightly differently than I previously posted. It states "No firearms or illegal weapons" on the rules of conduct sign posted by the entrance closest to the AMC movie theater. That sign however is NOT posted at all entrances to the mall building. Also, no such notice is posted anywhere except select entrances to the main mall building. You don't see it in the parking lot or in any of the tenant stores.

The feeling I get is the sign is for insurance purposes more than anything else. If they were truly dead set on banning all firearms, it'd be more clearly posted and in far more places. As it stands, each of these signs is in a darker part of the entrance alcove at the entrances where it is posted. Unless you were looking for the signs, you would NOT see them.
I was there the other night and didnt see any such sign. It must have been as concealed as my gun was. Neither saw each other!

There are three locations within the Lynnhaven Mall building that I know currently have and one that I know has had the signs posted. They are...

• Entrance by the Food Court (Upper Level)leading out toward the AMC Theater courtyard and the out-of-building restaurants. If you are exiting, the sign will on your right slightly above eye level.
  • Entrance on the lower level leading out toward the AMC Theater courtyard and the out-of-building restaurants. If you are exiting, the sign will on your right slightly above eye level.
  • Entrance by the carousel. The sign is posted on the right, as you are entering.
  • Entrance down by the end where Barnes & Noble / Dicks is located. That entrance is off the left from the last main courthyard area inside the mall (same general area where the roasted nuts place is). Not sure where (or if) the sign is there as I never use that entrance though I saw it once a long while back.
None of the other entrances to the mall (service entrances, anchor store entrances, external stores, etc) have any signage posted. Nor are there any signs posted at the Mall Entrances to these aforementioned areas. Thus, standing at the threshold of B&N or Dicks and the Mall, there are no signs indicating 'No Firearms or Illegal Weapons'.

This is why I'm making the assumption (yes, I know about assuming) that what signage has beenposted was done so to make the lawyers and insurance marginally happy. I find it hard to believe that a gun banning group would do in such a haphazard and ill-thought out manner. I know I can't be the only one who takes pride in their work and ensures it's done as properly and accurately as possible.

I'm going to be back out there this evening (just my wife & I for Terminator). I'll take the time to stroll through the mall and note all the signs I can find. I'll also verify the locations as it has been a while since I used some of the other main mall entrances. Normally we enter through B&N or just hit the theater without ever entering the Mall Building. I would have done so yesterday but after getting there we had 10 minutes to get tickets and a seat due to babysitter scheduling issues.

ProShooter

www.ProactiveShooters.com, Richmond, Va., , USA
imported post

darthmord wrote:
ProShooter wrote:
darthmord wrote:
I stopped by Lynnhaven tonight since it was our movie night. Night at the Museum: Battle of the Smithsonian was pretty good. The kids liked it. So did we.

Anywho, the sign was wored slightly differently than I previously posted. It states "No firearms or illegal weapons" on the rules of conduct sign posted by the entrance closest to the AMC movie theater. That sign however is NOT posted at all entrances to the mall building. Also, no such notice is posted anywhere except select entrances to the main mall building. You don't see it in the parking lot or in any of the tenant stores.

The feeling I get is the sign is for insurance purposes more than anything else. If they were truly dead set on banning all firearms, it'd be more clearly posted and in far more places. As it stands, each of these signs is in a darker part of the entrance alcove at the entrances where it is posted. Unless you were looking for the signs, you would NOT see them.
I was there the other night and didnt see any such sign. It must have been as concealed as my gun was. Neither saw each other!

There are three locations within the Lynnhaven Mall building that I know currently have and one that I know has had the signs posted. They are...

• Entrance by the Food Court (Upper Level)leading out toward the AMC Theater courtyard and the out-of-building restaurants. If you are exiting, the sign will on your right slightly above eye level.
  • Entrance on the lower level leading out toward the AMC Theater courtyard and the out-of-building restaurants. If you are exiting, the sign will on your right slightly above eye level.
  • Entrance by the carousel. The sign is posted on the right, as you are entering.
  • Entrance down by the end where Barnes & Noble / Dicks is located. That entrance is off the left from the last main courthyard area inside the mall (same general area where the roasted nuts place is). Not sure where (or if) the sign is there as I never use that entrance though I saw it once a long while back.
None of the other entrances to the mall (service entrances, anchor store entrances, external stores, etc) have any signage posted. Nor are there any signs posted at the Mall Entrances to these aforementioned areas. Thus, standing at the threshold of B&N or Dicks and the Mall, there are no signs indicating 'No Firearms or Illegal Weapons'.

This is why I'm making the assumption (yes, I know about assuming) that what signage has beenposted was done so to make the lawyers and insurance marginally happy. I find it hard to believe that a gun banning group would do in such a haphazard and ill-thought out manner. I know I can't be the only one who takes pride in their work and ensures it's done as properly and accurately as possible.

I'm going to be back out there this evening (just my wife & I for Terminator). I'll take the time to stroll through the mall and note all the signs I can find. I'll also verify the locations as it has been a while since I used some of the other main mall entrances. Normally we enter through B&N or just hit the theater without ever entering the Mall Building. I would have done so yesterday but after getting there we had 10 minutes to get tickets and a seat due to babysitter scheduling issues.
I would be interested to know where ( or if )there was a sign that I missed. It was the first time that I have been to that mall but I entered from the parking lot, near a large dumpster (on the right)and the Imax was on my left. I saw a " no #$%" sign on a pole to my left but that was it.

freebird60

imported post

I would be interested to know where ( or if )there was a sign that I missed. It was the first time that I have been to that mall but I entered from the parking lot, near a large dumpster (on the right)and the Imax was on my left. I saw a " no #$%" sign on a pole to my left but that was it.
Sounds like you entered from the same place I did. "security" was parked in general area of dumpster.

darthmord

imported post

Was there again tonight. Confirmed the sign by the ride and by the entrance near the theater.

There is NOT an entrance to the mall building near B&N or Dick's except through the stores themselves. And no signs either.

Was told there was a sign on the photo booth near the entrance by Penny's. We were unable to locate that sign despite looking high & low. So I am comfortable in saying there is an unmarked entrance to the Mall building itself without any signage prohibiting firearms.

We also swung by several of the stores that have bothexternal entrances and mall proper entrances. No signage posted there either.

Only signs I found tonight were by the doors leading toward the theater & the doors by the ride that lead out to the parking garage.

Kinda sad posting policy given they exclude one mall building entrance and all store front entrances to the mall. Yet they still hope to effectively ban firearms. Which makes me wonder... do they really want to ban firearms or are they paying lip service to management / insurance?

Oh and there aren't any signs posted external to the mall (like in the parking lots) that prohibit firearms or anything else for that matter. We looked. If they are out there, they are very well hidden.

MSC 45ACP

imported post

Looks like time to CC. I certainly won't stop carrying in a place that wants to maintain a safe haven for criminals. Since they flattened the mall in Hampton, the scumbags have all moved to the mall closest to me. We've seen it go steadily downhill over the last few years. Fewer decent people with families go there because the scumbags are taking over the place.

pourshot

Campaign Veteran
imported post

hawgasm wrote:
Grapeshot wrote:
freebird60 First new item on your list of things to buy - a good digital voice recorder.

Yata hey

any recommendations on a good one?

Olympus model VN-4100PC

The PC means it will connect via usb to your PC for downloading the files.

Note it does not have a good pocket clip to stabilize it in your pocket, but it does have a good amount of recording time at almost 24 hours. Runs on 2 AAA batteries.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

TFred wrote:
ed wrote:
I "hang" it on a neck chain under my shirt.
Hmm, interesting!

TFred
'Corder on a pimp chain - whoda thought. :)

I like it - I'm gonna do it along with the clip/epoxy thing too.

Check's in the mail Ed.

Yata hey