• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Trip to Sams in Lafayette

cajunpapapump

imported post

Well went last Friday to Sams, and as I walked in greeter gave me a look and said have a good day. Walked in Oc'ing and 2 guys were there with direct tv. One guy broke free from a customer and came up and said I want to shake your hand. I figured a sales pitch but nope. He said he felt safer knowing I was armed, that if something were to happen he would run and hide behind me, we laughed. We talked for about 30min. gave him a la. carry paper, I always have a few on me. And he said he really didn't know about OC'ing so I filled him in some details. I passed by a couple hours later and he said you still here lol. we checked out and no problems.:celebrate

nolacopusmc

Banned
imported post

cajunpapapump wrote:
Well went last Friday to Sams, and as I walked in greeter gave me a look and said have a good day. Walked in Oc'ing and 2 guys were there with direct tv. One guy broke free from a customer and came up and said I want to shake your hand. I figured a sales pitch but nope. He said he felt safer knowing I was armed, that if something were to happen he would run and hide behind me, we laughed. We talked for about 30min. gave him a la. carry paper, I always have a few on me. And he said he really didn't know about OC'ing so I filled him in some details. I passed by a couple hours later and he said you still here lol. we checked out and no problems.:celebrate

wHAT IS THE la carry paper?

Dustin

imported post

cajunpapapump wrote:
I always carry some of the printable flyers from Louisiana Carry website, always up for a good conversation when asked about opened carry.:lol:

So when do CC.ers get the chance to educate the public like OC.er's do ?