Thread: OPEN CARRY LEGAL AT LAKE MEAD

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

With the new credit card bill open carry at Lake Mead National Recreation area with/without a permit got legalized. Time to go fishing!

Post imported post

Count wrote:
    With the new credit card bill open carry at Lake Mead National Recreation area with/without a permit got legalized. Time to go fishing!
    Not until Feb of 2010.

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

Was wondering what the effective date of the new credit card bill is?... February 2010.... perfect because I am plannig a couple trips out west next year!

Post imported post

Some reps are saying they will introduce more carry bills so it will happen sooner. We shall see.

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

Maybe... You cannot beat the wording in this bill!!!!

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

You can read the bill here:

http://www.govtrack.us/congress/bill...?bill=h111-627

Section 512 is the part of interest. I like the title "Protecting Americans from violent crime."

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

Every sentence is well written in this Amendment. Unlike the original gutless NRA style concealed rule for NPS this is the real deal! Just love it! Way to go Tom Coburn from OK (the author of the Amendment).

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

With the way it's worded:

The regulations described in paragraphs (2) and (3) prevent individuals complying with Federal and State laws from exercising the second amendment rights of the individuals...
    It almost seems like Congress is leaving open the strong possibility of lifting further restrictions.

Combine this with the April 2009 9th Circuit Court of Appeals decision (pathetic as it was) holding that the 2nd Amendment applies to states as well. It gets me excited that this might just be a change in the right direction. If the Feds aren't going to try to restrict firearms in national parks, state and local parks must follow this same precedent.

Tim

Post imported post

As great as this is (I spend most of my weekends Jeeping unexplored trails and/or national parks), it still angers me that we had to sneak it into a credit card bill to get it passed. I was furious about the "Stimulus" bill for similar reasons, I'm not low enough to say that I like the fact that we passed gun legislation in a financial bill.

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

Fair enough, but with the countless intrusions upon our rights, I'll take them back in whatever form they come.

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

The bottom line isver 170 million acres of our country got freed from the tyranny of judges, federal regulators, and unelected bureaucrats!

Post imported post

CoonDawg wrote:
    As great as this is (I spend most of my weekends Jeeping unexplored trails and/or national parks), it still angers me that we had to sneak it into a credit card bill to get it passed. I was furious about the "Stimulus" bill for similar reasons, I'm not low enough to say that I like the fact that we passed gun legislation in a financial bill.
    Our rights have been diminished by those who have sway in our Government over a long period of time. Some call it incrementalism. It's an effective and successful strategy. If that is what it takes to reestablish the protections ofour rights, then I'll take it. The justice of giving "it" right back at "them" is sweet.

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

Desert man you're absolutely right!