• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC picinc at Silverdale Waterfront Park (WA) gets big time press!

sempercarry

imported post

Well, people have been beating around the bush as far as OC meets go lately so I decided to take the initiative and plan one out and see what you guys think. Sunday the 31st at the Silverdale Waterfront Park, 11:00am till whenever. I will be bringing some of my buddies from the Corps, some of whom will be OCing for the first time and some who will just be there for the company and food. We will be BBQing and bringing some of Costcos finest premade goodies. Bring some food and drinks of your own to offer to the group (noalcohol please). This will be a protest of sorts as the Kitsap County code states that it is a crime to carry a weapon in a park, so if you aren't willing to deal with the possibility of police, you probably shouldn't come. The weather looks like it is going to be pretty nice on Sunday so feel free to bring your bike.....could be a ride afterwards. Let me know how this works out for you. I will be there with my buddies no matter what so worst comes to worst, it will be one of you guys spending the afternoon with a few Marines. Address is as follows

3337 NW Byron Street, Silverdale.

EDIT: Titlow park in Tacoma is also a possibility.....let me know.

[/u]

sempercarry

imported post

FMCDH, If you are in seattle and you take the bremerton ferry, it would be about the same trip astacoma.

FMCDH

imported post

sempercarry wrote:
FMCDH, If you are in seattle and you take the bremerton ferry, it would be about the same trip astacoma.
Il take a look at the ferry routs and cost.

swatspyder

imported post

Although I won't have my CPL or be able to carry a handgun until the end of October / begining of November, I will still come and help support everyone.

Not to mention I would at least know one person there.

Phssthpok

imported post

FMCDH wrote:
sempercarry wrote:
Il take a look at the ferry routs and cost.

If you wanna just do a walk-on, I can pick you up at the ferry dock in Bremerton...I'll be driving up from Shelton, so it's just a minor side trip.

This goes for anyone else as well, however it's first come first served as I only have a SMALL 2 seater Toyota.

swatspyder

imported post

NavyLT wrote:
swatspyder wrote:
Although I won't have my CPL or be able to carry a handgun until the end of October / begining of November, I will still come and help support everyone.

Not to mention I would at least know one person there.
Can you not carry for other reasons other than lack of CPL? Many folks open carry without a CPL because a CPL is not required for open carry.
21st is October 28th... :( But you can bet that i'll be :celebrate on that day.

swatspyder

imported post

j2l3 wrote:
You don't have to be 21 to open carry. Just to get the CPL. Congrats on surviving to 21!!!
Huh?

:cuss:

Edit... I thought this meant otherwise... But I'm guessing you are talking about carrying unloaded?

11) How old do you have to be to carry a loaded handgun?
Under RCW 9.41.240, you must be 21 years of age to carry a loaded handgun in public.

Unless an exception under RCW 9.41.042, 9.41.050, or 9.41.060 applies, a person at least eighteen years of age, but less than twenty-one years of age, may possess a pistol only:

(1) In the person's place of abode;

(2) At the person's fixed place of business; or

(3) On real property under his or her control.

j2l3

imported post

You canopen carry at 18 as long as you are legally able to possess a firearm. Can't purchase form an FFL but you CAN purchase from a private party. At 21 you can purchase from an FFL and get a CPL for concealed carry/loaded car carry.

IANAL so if anyone else can show my error that would be helpful... Don't want to get this man in trouble. His interpretation seems to be correct and mine was wrong.

Anyone? Bueller?

G27

imported post

Unfortunately you are wrong. You can own a handgun at 18 (like your dad gave you one or such). You cannot purchase one from a store though until you're 21. You can carry a gun around your house/property/business if you're under 21. Otherwise you're out of luck until you're 21.

swatspyder

imported post

j2l3 wrote:
Thanks for the correction. I'd like to chalk up my error to age... but... well, let's just leave it at age.

And I got all worked up for a moment... :?

No worries though, I thought I knew that you had to be over 21. Just a few more months and I'll be good to go :what:

sempercarry

imported post

Awsome, sounds like there is going to be a good turnout...dont forget to bring food and drink.

FMCDH

imported post

Ok, my weekend just unexpectedly opened up, so you can count me in! :shock:

Either location is fine with me now.

fire suppressor

imported post

All goes well will see you guy there. I know that local laws and RCWs often confilect one and and other but I live in silverdale and have OC in that park and doc and a regular basis never with any problem. Maybe I just have gotten lucky. The sherrif station is just right up the road from the park. I know we have advised them before when we had a get together in port orchard. Not sure if you would want to do that this time or not