• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC picinc at Silverdale Waterfront Park (WA) gets big time press!

G27

imported post

fire suppressor wrote:
All goes well will see you guy there. I know that local laws and RCWs often confilect one and and other but I live in silverdale and have OC in that park and doc and a regular basis never with any problem. Maybe I just have gotten lucky. The sherrif station is just right up the road from the park. I know we have advised them before when we had a get together in port orchard. Not sure if you would want to do that this time or not
I see no reason to. Matter of fact, I saw Sheriff Steve Boyer open carrying at Bremerton's first annual Regatta just last week. His HK USP looked mighty pretty and it definitely was visible! :lol:

FMCDH

imported post

I'm putting out the offer to drive for anyone around my Seattle area. My car will hold 5 more. First come first serve. PM me with pickup address and a contact number. Fuel reimbursement cost expected from the pickup and drop off location but not to and from the picnic.

In other words, make me travel to get you and drop you back home and I will charge you fair market value. :D

Trigger Dr

imported post

My guess is that they already know about the picnic, as they have several deputies that read this forum. Some agree and some disagree.

MadHatter66

imported post

Kitsap Sun officially invited.

Kitsap Sun –

I am writing this email to inform you that there will be a picnic held at Silverdale Waterfront Park on May 31, 2009 starting around 11am. In attendance will be members of OpenCarry.org, and will be peacefully protesting Kitsap County’s refusal to fall in line with Washington State law, as well as having a barbeque and meeting with friends. We will be openly carrying holstered firearms, which is not against Washington State law.

Kitsap county is currently violation of RCW 9.41.290, which is state preemption of local firearm codes. The issue has been addressed to the Kitsap County Prosecutors office, which in an internal email last year stated that they knew they were in violation of the law, will not enforce the county code but will not change it either. The Attorney General, Rob McKenna has also issues an opinion on the matter in light of the City of Seattle’s recent attempt at a gun ban on city property. Recently the City of Bremerton has met and repealed their city ordinance banning firearms to fall in line with state law.

Many of our members are from here in Kitsap County, and have also written our county commissioners, but our information has fallen on deaf ears. This is important to us because we believe that the county should follow state law, and if it is not is subject to a lawsuit if someone were to be arrested, detained or otherwise hassled by local law enforcement. We want to be able to walk down the street, go to a park with our families or shop at the local store without the fear of being held at gun point for doing nothing wrong. We are passionate about our rights as gun owners, and law abiding citizens that carry for our personal protection. Our goal is not to intimidate or scare anyone, but to educate the public that there are good guys out there that are carrying firearms. Our goal behind having a barbeque at the Silverdale Waterfront Park is that it is a public place that has signage that is illegal by state law, so our mission is to educate the public that they signs are not legal and that we are not there to harm anyone.

We are advising you for two reasons. Number one, we feel that local media should have to opportunity to come out, talk to members and find out what we stand for, and they we are in fact good people. I know from reading the Kitsap Sun that you like to cover all aspects of the local community, and this is an aspect of our local community here in Kitsap County. Number two, we feel that the media involvement may help bring about change to the local codes that are on the books by helping us get our message out in a way that will reach other citizens of the county.

On a more personal note, I know that you have written articles about guns before, and talked to many people in the county about the issue. The story was wonderfully written article that was very objective, “More Kitsapers Packing Heat for Their Peace of Mind” written by Josh Farley. We are now providing the opportunity to come out, and ask questions of gun owners, and to find out more about the laws that we are aware of, and working tirelessly to change, to preserve our way of life.

We hope that you will be able to join us on Sunday. If you have any questions feel free to contact me.

n16ht5

imported post

Arfgghhh I am going to the in-laws family reunion deal that day.. Rain check?

sempercarry

imported post

I have a list of things that I am bringing as well as things that still need to be brought. Please let me know what you will be bringing so I can check it off the list. If you have any ideas as to things I may have missed, feel free to post/ bring them. Also, feel free to bring more of any item that is on the list.....we dont have a definate number on the people attending. It would be better to have to much than to little.

My list includes the following:

1 HK P7:lol:

Charcoal and fluid

Alluminium foil

BBQ untencils

24 hamburgers and buns

24 hotdogs/polish sausages and buns

24 cans soda

lots o bottled water

mustard ketchup mayo cheese

picnic table covers

coolers with ice

you can bring plates, cups,utencils,cookies, salads, chips, or more meat and drinks. Seeya there

FMCDH

imported post

sempercarry wrote:
I have a list of things that I am bringing as well as things that still need to be brought. Please let me know what you will be bringing so I can check it off the list. If you have any ideas as to things I may have missed, feel free to post/ bring them. Also, feel free to bring more of any item that is on the list.....we dont have a definate number on the people attending. It would be better to have to much than to little.
I will bring chips (2 large bags)

Kosher Beef hot dogs/buns (28)

Perhaps pack my gas grill

Arizona Ice Tea (2 gallons)

Frisbee and perhaps my kite collection.

Last but not least, S&W M&P 9L :D

phoneguy

imported post

Grishnav and myself are going to car pool together. We will go get some food to share at Safeway on the way down. I have a small table and a coleman propane stove if you need it. Also 2 chairs.

Trigger Dr

imported post

Sempercarry,

It looks like I will be there after all, even though it may be a short visit. Also,

I have a Glenfield (Marlin 30A) 30-30 that I will leave in the truck. Marlin made theseas a promotional gun for Wal-Mart 1964-1983. The rifle came with a 4x scope. Want to sell this for $275.00 ....BUT WAIT!!! There is MORE !!I have the rifle, 2 1/2 boxes ammo, about 1 1/2 box once fired brass, an old beater set of dies. all for just the low price of $275.00. The ammunition reflects the total amount this gun has fired. It is old with bluing faded in spots where carried, and some minor finish spots on the butt stock.

If anyone is interested, see me at the Silverdale Picnic.

sempercarry

imported post

Sounds like this is going to be an awsome turnout, aside from the people on the board, I have rounded up about 20 people who will be joining our cause with the picnic being their first event.

FMCDH

imported post

Add one, my wife will be joining me. That then means I have 4 spaces left in my car, and if I bring my grill, I may have only 3.

No one has taken me up on the offer to drive yet however, so I am assuming there are not many people coming from the Seattle/Woodinville area.

Phssthpok

imported post

I'm in...I have a canopy to bring, and....um...some kinda food I guess.

Wait...do we have drinks covered?