• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Fox 6 video news coverage of first Milwaukee open carry picnic

straightshot

imported post

This was a great event!! great food, fun and great guns . I enjoyed the talks i had with all !! look forward to the next i love food:celebrate For all the people that miss out your loss

CommonMan101

imported post

The first thing that jumped out at me was the first reporter saying "licensed firearms". This ingrained bias is a big reflection of the work needed to change perception. It assumes laws to be in place. I hear stuff like that all the time.

Maybe that can be point of conversation whena reporter "goes there"?

Great job guys! Highly successful groundwork for the future. Congrats to all who made it there and made it possible. You guys are pushing back like champs.

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
imported post

southside wrote:
yes the suppressor should have stayed at home.................things like that make it look threatening
Aren't guns, by their nature as a weapon, somewhat 'threatening?' I say that partially sarcastically.

The key word is "look." Many people consider the mere existence of pointy sticks to be a threat. It's subjective.

Is not the purpose of Open Carry both defensive and educational? To eliminate the false perception that guns are a threat merely by presence?

I fail to see how a can on the nose makes it any better or worse. Why should we trade our hearing for our safety?

Suppressors are politically maligned just as the firearms they are attached to. You may as well suggest that the muffler on your car 'should have stayed at home.' Is that sarcastic? Maybe, but certainly no more than suggesting that the muffler on a gun should.

Especially in an educational venue...