• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Off topic question

PolskiG

imported post

Ok, so I was practising water insertions inLake Washingtonoff my dock in Mercer Island today. If anyone is wondering why I did this its was because I was bored andalso becauseI was training in case of a zombie or gov't administered "rage virus" type scenarios (hence blocking out my face). I had to see if I could tread 7ft+ of water with my weaponsfora least 6 mins.According to studies, zombies can't swim so this practiceis vital.

I had a general question about modern guns and water. After submerging my M4 carbine and HK P2000 (which was in a holsteron my side)in fresh lake water for about7 mins (no-shooting) and completely stripping them down, drying,cleaning and re-lubing afterwards, any opinions on whether this is harmful for my weapons?

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

:)

Well, if those M1's could wade through the surf at Normandy and Tarawa, I don't suppose there is all that much to worry about.

A little light on the list of chores are we?

PolskiG

imported post

Citizen wrote:

Well, if those M1's could wade through the surf at Normandy and Tarawa, I don't suppose there is all that much to worry about.

A little light on the list of chores are we?
Yes I was! The old footages show the Marines holding their rifles up in the air usaully, or at least the footages I remember seeing. I was actually under water swimming with them.

Agent 47

imported post

Chromolly steel is fairly good at being impervious to water damage. I have submerged several of my guns before with no ill effects even had my M4 in saltwater without any problems.

FMCDH

imported post

Ummm......yea......I got nothing.

In the words of Grapeshot...keep your powder dry! ;)

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

PolskiG wrote:
Washintonian_For_Liberty wrote:
Zombies are an issue.... always be prepared for the next zombie infestation....:lol:
See? Thats what i'm saying! You can never be too over-prepared in the case of zombies ;)

Omigod!!!

Did you even do the drills for zombie gatorsand snapping turtles?

What? You don't even know those drills?

Jeez, if you were serious, there'd be a bayonet on the end of that...um...rifle, too.

(sigh) Where is a man to turn for good zombie fighter material anymore?

swatspyder

imported post

http://www.6mmbr.com/corrosiontest.html

Test2_43hoursWEB500.jpg

Hello! Even though I'm new, I thought I'd chime in with some lube tests :what:

Anyways, here are some tests on lubrication you can use on your guns. I bought some Corrosion-X for my dad and it works perfectly. It is a wet application, the EEZOX lube goes on wet and dries up so you won't get it all over you when you go to shoot.

And just to let you know, I'm not affiliated with either of the companies.

PolskiG

imported post

Citizen wrote:
PolskiG wrote:
Washintonian_For_Liberty wrote:
Zombies are an issue.... always be prepared for the next zombie infestation....:lol:
See? Thats what i'm saying! You can never be too over-prepared in the case of zombies ;)

Omigod!!!

Did you even do the drills for zombie gatorsand snapping turtles?

What? You don't even know those drills?

Jeez, if you were serious, there'd be a bayonet on the end of that...um...rifle, too.

(sigh) Where is a man to turn for good zombie fighter material anymore?

Zombie gators and snapping turtles are going to be more of a problem down in your parts, up here we have to deal with more zombie cougars, black bears and zombiedeers.