• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

New Member Introducing Myself

AWDstylez

Banned
imported post

Welcome to OC.org :)

You've made the mistake of mentioning your age and the fact that you're in college. Prepare yourself. Any time you disagree with someone you're going to labeled as "young,""immature," and "kid," and you're in an institution of higher education so we all already know you're a liberal tree hugger. :quirky

wrightme

imported post

Welcome to OCDO. I will not judge you based upon your age, or because you are in college. I will do such based upon your words and ideals. :)

AWDstylez wrote:
Welcome to OC.org :)

You've made the mistake of mentioning your age and the fact that you're in college. Prepare yourself. Any time you disagree with someone you're going to labeled as "young,""immature," and "kid," and you're in an institution of higher education so we all already know you're a liberal tree hugger. :quirky
Only if he exhibits such traits as you do.

Michigander

imported post

Welcome to the forums! Also, thank you for standing up for your rights in Wisconsin. The enthusiasm of Wisconsin open carriers is impressive and inspiring.

Holsters for your gun are an interesting subject, because I don't know of a retention holster that anyone makes for it. Hopefully someone here knows of one that is produced.

Anyway, if I was going to be open carrying it, and no police grade retention holsters are available or I couldn't afford one, I'd want the best thumb break design I could get, or possibly a flap holster that has a little tab to be twisted to open. I actually converted a revolver flap holster with a twist to open mechanism into a retention strap holster for my Sig. The holster cost me 10 dollars, and the shoe goo, hockey tape, and bolts I used to modify it cost around 5. It's a fabulous holster for winter time OCing, or when I need some extra retention. I have it pictured below with the surplus canvas double mag pouch I paid a single dollar for.

PoormansOCrig.jpg

The nicest part about the holster is that I can keep it as snug as I want, or as loose as I want by tightening or loosening the bolts. If it's pretty tight, I have to draw it by twisting the barrel towards my leg while pulling up, otherwise the holster will just twist, and the gun won't move. It's a little slower than most holsters, but still fairly quick with practice. It's certainly not ideal, but for the price I paid for it, it goes above and beyond what you'd expect.

Michigander

imported post

Also, if you aren't so concerned about retention, there is a vast array of cheap sporting grade holsters available. Any local sporting goods store that sells hunting supplies will probably have different options that cost under 15 dollars. I got my Uncle Mike's sidekick which I like to jog with for about that price at my local Dunhams.

Many airsoft holsters are even suitably durable to use for occasional to moderate OCing. If you shop around, these things can easily be found for under 10 dollars.

thx997303

imported post

Welcome, and hold on there Michigander!

Are you actually suggesting that an OCer use a non retention style holster?

OMG! Don't you know that if it isn't concealed, the retention is the only thing keeping the gun from jumping out of the holster and killing everyone!

For shame!:p

But seriously, I would strongly suggest a retention holster.

protias

imported post

Welcome to the forum. I also recommend the Serpa.

You should have signed up earlier, you could have come to the picnic yesterday. Don't worry though, we will have more in the future. Keep your eyes opened for it. :)

Michigander

imported post

protias wrote:

Perhaps I didn't make this clear enough before, I don't believe they make Serpa's or any other mechanical retention holster for P95 Rugers. I'd love it if someone proved me wrong, but I've never seen one, including just now when I searched the web.

And no, I'm not recommending OCing without a retention holster, but some folks will do it anyway, so why not let the new guy know what the options are?

protias

imported post

Michigander wrote:
protias wrote:

Perhaps I didn't make this clear enough before, I don't believe they make Serpa's or any other mechanical retention holster for P95 Rugers. I'd love it if someone proved me wrong, but I've never seen one, including just now when I searched the web.

And no, I'm not recommending OCing without a retention holster, but some folks will do it anyway, so why not let the new guy know what the options are?
http://www.nightvisionplanet.com/Bl...Black_Paddle_SERPA_p/blackhawk-410512bk-r.htm

Il_Duce

Banned
imported post

rmansu2 wrote:
Welcome.

I OC & CC my P95 in a Fobus RU-97. If you have a tac-rail, it is the only holster I have found that fits properly. You can get this holster as a paddle or belt style. Under $30 from the manufacturer shipping included.

http://www.fobusholster.com
Nooooo no no no no, not a Fobus.