Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Art and Gun Fair

Do you really wanna go there with me?, Michigan, USA

Post imported post

Mr. Ed Stross, owner of Studio Gonzo located on the northwest corner of Gratiot Avenue and Utica Road in Roseville has invitedusto set up a table during his art fair. (Details below) The event is expected to have a good turnout of customers and media. Anyone that may be able to help man the table is encouraged to sign up in the event thread.

The following is Ed's myspace announcement:

June 26,27,28th Opening night, Friday June 26th at Gonzo fine Art Studio! We are looking for artist to display their work, musicians to perform, and any oddity that comes to mind. There will be a group mural, art demostrations, and poetry readings, and more. Volunteers needed, no art ability needed, just a good spirit, and kind heart. This will be one cool event spanning three days of creativity! So, let me know what ya can do!

If you have any talents you would like to contribute to the art fair, you may reach Ed at http://www.myspace.com/gonzostross

United we STAND!

MOC Charter Member Westland, Michigan, USA

Post imported post

sweet

Post imported post

Obviously I'll be there, but what date will it be? I don't remember what he said. :?
    Answer every question about open carry in Michigan you ever had with one convenient and free book- http://libertyisforeveryone.com/open-carry-resources/

The complete and utter truth can be challenged from every direction and it will always hold up. Accordingly there are few greater displays of illegitimacy than to attempt to impede free thought and communication.

Post imported post

Last week in June I recall. Not a specific date though.

President, CLSD, Inc., Oxford, Michigan, USA

Post imported post

Yes he did say last weekend in June. I know that the Traverse city picnic is that weekend also. I won't be able to make the trip up north, but I do plan on making the festival in Roseville.

Post imported post

That's the best, when we have 2 big events going on in one weekend. :celebrate
    Answer every question about open carry in Michigan you ever had with one convenient and free book- http://libertyisforeveryone.com/open-carry-resources/

The complete and utter truth can be challenged from every direction and it will always hold up. Accordingly there are few greater displays of illegitimacy than to attempt to impede free thought and communication.

Post imported post

Dates have been announced. Feel free to contact Mr. Stross if you have anything to contribute to his fair. If you can help out with our table or just want to come and provide security, sign up in our event thread!
    United we STAND!

Post imported post

OOOOO I'm gonna try to get my friend's band to come perform!

Post imported post

JeffSayers wrote:
    Dates have been announced. Feel free to contact Mr. Stross if you have anything to contribute to his fair. If you can help out with our table or just want to come and provide security, sign up in our event threa
    LOL For one reason or another, I don't think securityis going tobe a problem.

Post imported post

I will be able to work a table one of the days, I just won't know which day until it's a little closer to the date. Most likely Saturday, but I'll let you know.

Post imported post

Jeff. All,
    I was just informed that Roseville does not allow open carry. May be a problem. Has anyone checked with the local LEO's as to what the think or expect on this. Just trying to head off any possible conflicts or issues.

Post imported post

dsmith4825 wrote:
    I was just informed that Roseville does not allow open carry.
    We chatted with the friendly Roseville police before the litter clean up, so I'd say future problems are unlikely.

Keep in mind that state law preempts local gun ordinances, so even if they have one, it is meaningless, and nothing to concern yourself with.

Post imported post

dsmith4825 wrote:
    Jeff. All,
    I was just informed that Roseville does not allow open carry. May be a problem. Has anyone checked with the local LEO's as to what the think or expect on this. Just trying to head off any possible conflicts or issues.
    Thanks for mentioning this dsmith, if there is a specific ordinance you are aware of please let us know and we will work on getting it off the books. Or, you could go after it yourself and put a notch in your belt!
    United we STAND!

Post imported post

No, not specific. But I will research it this week. I took my CPL class today and they stated that Roseville PD is against open carry. But I will definitely look into it this week and get back to you on it. And knowing how they are about crusing and everything else, it would not surprise me any. Bu I will get back to you the first of the week.

Post imported post

JeffSayers wrote:
    Dates have been announced. Feel free to contact Mr. Stross if you have anything to contribute to his fair. If you can help out with our table or just want to come and provide security, sign up in our event thread!
    TTT and Jeff, do you have any updates from Mr. Stross in regards to the table hours for Friday, Saturday & Sunday?

Post imported post

BUMP Any more info on this?? Table hours??

Post imported post

Generaldet wrote:
    BUMP Any more info on this?? Table hours??

Post imported post

I should be able to attend one or two days, once we get some more info.

Post imported post

I'll be able to volunteer, most likely Saturday. I just need to know when the hours are. I sent Ed a message, I'll let you know more when I hear back. If anyone else is interested in working a table, even if it's just for a short time, let me know.

Post imported post

Heard back from Ed. It looks like hours are going to be from 12-6 Friday thru Sunday.
    It would be nice to do Saturday and Sunday but if there's not a lot of interest in doing this event maybe we can just go for Saturday. I can be there Saturday from 12-4 possibly until 6. Don't suppose there's a banner around that we can use?

Post imported post

If the main goal is to have people there to represent MOC, or just plain open carrying, we could definitely have different people there at different times. Since Geraldet can be there saturday, I could be there all day sunday, even if no other OCers come out that day. Definitely better to have 2 or 3 people, but I've got no problems being the only OCer there if it means more information can be passed out.

Post imported post

I will try to be there as often as possible those three days.

Post imported post

Jeff, any updates? What hours can you work for June 26th, 27th & 28th?

Post imported post

Hey everyone, sorry I slipped into a black hole for a while there. Anyway, I just spoke with Ed and the hours for his fair will be from 12:00 until 6:00 each day with Sunday expected to be very slow. The Gratiot Cruise is going on this weekend as well. While it is officially scheduled to run from 8 mile to 10 mile (the studio is at 12 mile) I expect, and Ed agrees, that there will likely be a good deal of residual traffic going by.

He said he does have a table we can use to lay out bochures and other items. I tried to find out about getting some official MOC merchandise to sell but haven't gotten a response!

If anyone is going to be there Friday, I can stop by at 5:00 mostly just to say hi I guess. Unfortunately, it looks like Saturday is going to be to the wall for me but I will try to get there for a few hours either at the opening or before close. I will not be able to make Sunday, as it is going to be my first father's day and I will be hanging out with my little one.
    United we STAND!

Post imported post

JeffSayers wrote:
    Hey everyone, sorry I slipped into a black hole for a while there. Anyway, I just spoke with Ed and the hours for his fair will be from 12:00 until 6:00 each day with Sunday expected to be very slow. The Gratiot Cruise is going on this weekend as well. While it is officially scheduled to run from 8 mile to 10 mile (the studio is at 12 mile) I expect, and Ed agrees, that there will likely be a good deal of residual traffic going by.

He said he does have a table we can use to lay out bochures and other items. I tried to find out about getting some official MOC merchandise to sell but haven't gotten a response!

If anyone is going to be there Friday, I can stop by at 5:00 mostly just to say hi I guess. Unfortunately, it looks like Saturday is going to be to the wall for me but I will try to get there for a few hours either at the opening or before close. I will not be able to make Sunday, as it is going to be my first father's day and I will be hanging out with my little one.
    Fathers day is this Sunday, the 21st. lol

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast