• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Art and Gun Fair

JeffSayers

Do you really wanna go there with me?, Michigan, U
imported post

Mr. Ed Stross, owner of Studio Gonzo located on the northwest corner of Gratiot Avenue and Utica Road in Roseville has invitedusto set up a table during his art fair. (Details below) The event is expected to have a good turnout of customers and media. Anyone that may be able to help man the table is encouraged to sign up in the event thread.

The following is Ed's myspace announcement:

June 26,27,28th Opening night, Friday June 26th at Gonzo fine Art Studio! We are looking for artist to display their work, musicians to perform, and any oddity that comes to mind. There will be a group mural, art demostrations, and poetry readings, and more. Volunteers needed, no art ability needed, just a good spirit, and kind heart. This will be one cool event spanning three days of creativity! So, let me know what ya can do!

If you have any talents you would like to contribute to the art fair, you may reach Ed at http://www.myspace.com/gonzostross

SpringerXDacp

imported post

JeffSayers wrote:
Dates have been announced. Feel free to contact Mr. Stross if you have anything to contribute to his fair. If you can help out with our table or just want to come and provide security, sign up in our event threa
LOL For one reason or another, I don't think securityis going tobe a problem. :lol:

dsmith4825

imported post

Jeff. All,
I was just informed that Roseville does not allow open carry. May be a problem. Has anyone checked with the local LEO's as to what the think or expect on this. Just trying to head off any possible conflicts or issues.

Michigander

imported post

dsmith4825 wrote:
I was just informed that Roseville does not allow open carry.
We chatted with the friendly Roseville police before the litter clean up, so I'd say future problems are unlikely.

Keep in mind that state law preempts local gun ordinances, so even if they have one, it is meaningless, and nothing to concern yourself with.

JeffSayers

Do you really wanna go there with me?, Michigan, U
imported post

dsmith4825 wrote:
Jeff. All,
I was just informed that Roseville does not allow open carry. May be a problem. Has anyone checked with the local LEO's as to what the think or expect on this. Just trying to head off any possible conflicts or issues.
Thanks for mentioning this dsmith, if there is a specific ordinance you are aware of please let us know and we will work on getting it off the books. Or, you could go after it yourself and put a notch in your belt! ;)

dsmith4825

imported post

No, not specific. But I will research it this week. I took my CPL class today and they stated that Roseville PD is against open carry. But I will definitely look into it this week and get back to you on it. And knowing how they are about crusing and everything else, it would not surprise me any. Bu I will get back to you the first of the week.

SpringerXDacp

imported post

JeffSayers wrote:
Dates have been announced. Feel free to contact Mr. Stross if you have anything to contribute to his fair. If you can help out with our table or just want to come and provide security, sign up in our event thread!
TTT and Jeff, do you have any updates from Mr. Stross in regards to the table hours for Friday, Saturday & Sunday?

Generaldet

President, CLSD, Inc., Oxford, Michigan, USA
imported post

I'll be able to volunteer, most likely Saturday. I just need to know when the hours are. I sent Ed a message, I'll let you know more when I hear back. If anyone else is interested in working a table, even if it's just for a short time, let me know.

Generaldet

President, CLSD, Inc., Oxford, Michigan, USA
imported post

Heard back from Ed. It looks like hours are going to be from 12-6 Friday thru Sunday.
It would be nice to do Saturday and Sunday but if there's not a lot of interest in doing this event maybe we can just go for Saturday. I can be there Saturday from 12-4 possibly until 6. Don't suppose there's a banner around that we can use?