• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Art and Gun Fair

Michigander

imported post

If the main goal is to have people there to represent MOC, or just plain open carrying, we could definitely have different people there at different times. Since Geraldet can be there saturday, I could be there all day sunday, even if no other OCers come out that day. Definitely better to have 2 or 3 people, but I've got no problems being the only OCer there if it means more information can be passed out.

JeffSayers

Do you really wanna go there with me?, Michigan, U
imported post

Hey everyone, sorry I slipped into a black hole for a while there. Anyway, I just spoke with Ed and the hours for his fair will be from 12:00 until 6:00 each day with Sunday expected to be very slow. The Gratiot Cruise is going on this weekend as well. While it is officially scheduled to run from 8 mile to 10 mile (the studio is at 12 mile) I expect, and Ed agrees, that there will likely be a good deal of residual traffic going by.

He said he does have a table we can use to lay out bochures and other items. I tried to find out about getting some official MOC merchandise to sell but haven't gotten a response!

If anyone is going to be there Friday, I can stop by at 5:00 mostly just to say hi I guess. Unfortunately, it looks like Saturday is going to be to the wall for me but I will try to get there for a few hours either at the opening or before close. I will not be able to make Sunday, as it is going to be my first father's day and I will be hanging out with my little one.

Generaldet

President, CLSD, Inc., Oxford, Michigan, USA
imported post

JeffSayers wrote:
Hey everyone, sorry I slipped into a black hole for a while there. Anyway, I just spoke with Ed and the hours for his fair will be from 12:00 until 6:00 each day with Sunday expected to be very slow. The Gratiot Cruise is going on this weekend as well. While it is officially scheduled to run from 8 mile to 10 mile (the studio is at 12 mile) I expect, and Ed agrees, that there will likely be a good deal of residual traffic going by.

He said he does have a table we can use to lay out bochures and other items. I tried to find out about getting some official MOC merchandise to sell but haven't gotten a response!

If anyone is going to be there Friday, I can stop by at 5:00 mostly just to say hi I guess. Unfortunately, it looks like Saturday is going to be to the wall for me but I will try to get there for a few hours either at the opening or before close. I will not be able to make Sunday, as it is going to be my first father's day and I will be hanging out with my little one.
Fathers day is this Sunday, the 21st. lol

FatboyCykes

imported post

No promises, other than I will be there at some point in time or another. I am going to try to make it all three days, I'm not sure how my wife will feel about that, I will definitely be there at least one or two days, hopefully for most of the six hours each day, likely Fri. and Sat. I have to work Sunday morning, and am not sure how that will go over, the three days in a row thing D: I will be there though.

Michigander

imported post

I still plan to be there sunday, and all depending on how things work out, I might be there saturday as well. I'd definitely like to be if it will be the busiest day.

FatboyCykes

imported post

Michigander wrote:
It looks like I might make the second half or so. Gotta work for a couple hours at noon. :(
Hopefully you get this before you head out if you head out. We called it a day at about 4pm. The Gratiot cruise was last weekend and there was a freedom festival going on up in Mt. Clemens. We had very little traffic. Gonzo was nice enough to make up a little sign otherwise we would've looked like a couple o' blokes hanging out on the corner :(

Made a few contacts, DK came on up, nice to meet you DK :) Also had a local CPL teacher stop and talk with us a bit, hope to see him soon on the boards, he had a nice vette :D