Thread: "Assault Rifles" no longer sold in TX???

Post imported post

Is this true? That "Assault Rifles" are no longer sold in TX due to the crime problem accross the border?

Post imported post

As an assault weapon is fully automatic and taxed/regulated by the Federal Government, I don't think too many have managed to find their way across the border yet.

Did you mean "Weapon that's not all wood and shiny, and has a shoulder thing that goes up"?

Post imported post

I don't think that is the case at all.

Post imported post

Unless the TX legislature slipped something into the statute supply, any lack of them on the shelves of stores is likely a result of the same supply/demand disparity that most of us are seeing.

Other than that:

Assault Rifle - Fully automatic military weapon

Assault Weapon - Political definition of "something scary that looks like something military"
    "Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

Post imported post

I was using Quoty-fingers when I said assault rifle - talkin bout the M-16 and AK style rifles....

Post imported post

'cause the good people of Texas bought 'em all.
    He wore his gun outside his pants for all the honest world to see. Pancho & Lefty

The millions of people, armed in the holy cause of liberty, and in such a country as that which we possess, are invincible by any force which our enemy can send against us....There is no retreat but in submission and slavery! ...The war is inevitable–and let it come! I repeat it, Sir, let it come …………. PATRICK HENRY speech 1776

Post imported post

The answer is No, there is no change in the law regarding "black guns." Any move to ban such things would not go well for the politicians in the next election here. While few of them know the first thing about firearms, they do know we cling bitterly to our guns.

Prices are up primarily due to legal sales. Our agencies are working to identify straw buyers and stop the flow across the border.