Thread: Leaving NJ

Post imported post

I'm being transferred out of NJ, assuming residence in another state. I have a FID, and weapons. Does anyone know if I have to notify the NJSP or anyoneof my departure, turn in my FID b4 I give the 1 finger salute to the Garden State?

Thanks for any advice!

Post imported post

First, let me say CONGRATULATIONS !!! .....really CONGRATULATIONS !!!

I would keep your NJFID card in case circumstances force you to return for any reason, temporary orpermanently.

Post imported post

I spent my early years in NJ, when it wasn't too bad. (1940's thru early '60's). With what I've heard from others, my decision not to go back was a good one. Still, I spent 9 years in MA and was probably as happy seeing it recede in my rear-view mirror as you will be with Jersey. I kept my FOID as a memento and conversation piece. Truly, people in VA find it hard to believe that things can really get as bad as they are in some of the harsh, dangerous anti-freedom states up north. Keep yours, and savor the breath of freedom you will experience elsewhere. The casual OC we enjoy here would certainly get you proned out, possibly at gunpoint, and charged with a felony or two in "low-crime, anti-gun" NJ! (You didn't say where you're going, but just about any state would be an improvement over NJ, trust me.)

Congratulations on getting out, and welcome to OCDO!

Post imported post

Tom 34534 wrote:

I'm being transferred out of NJ, assuming residence in another state. I have a FID, and weapons. Does anyone know if I have to notify the NJSP or anyoneof my departure, turn in my FID b4 I give the 1 finger salute to the Garden State?

Thanks for any advice!
    Were are you being transferred to ?

Post imported post

CONGRATULATIONS!!! I recently left NJ for NC and am not looking back... hopefully you're moving to a free state!

There is no reason to let anyone know that you're taking your weapons out of NJ. They'll be glad you and your weapons are leaving anyway.

Post imported post

Tom 34534 wrote:

Thanks for any advice!
    Give the salute and do a little dance!!:celebrate Your free bro!

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar

Post imported post

One post and out - hope the zombies didn't get him.

Yata hey
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Post imported post

Tom 34534 wrote:

Thanks for any advice!
    IANAL, the answer to your question is, NO!

Ken