• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Leaving NJ

Mig214

imported post

I'm being transferred out of NJ, assuming residence in another state. I have a FID, and weapons. Does anyone know if I have to notify the NJSP or anyoneof my departure, turn in my FID b4 I give the 1 finger salute to the Garden State?

Thanks for any advice!

Armed4Life

imported post

First, let me say CONGRATULATIONS !!! .....really CONGRATULATIONS !!!

I would keep your NJFID card in case circumstances force you to return for any reason, temporary orpermanently.

Dutch Uncle

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I spent my early years in NJ, when it wasn't too bad. (1940's thru early '60's). With what I've heard from others, my decision not to go back was a good one. Still, I spent 9 years in MA and was probably as happy seeing it recede in my rear-view mirror as you will be with Jersey. I kept my FOID as a memento and conversation piece. Truly, people in VA find it hard to believe that things can really get as bad as they are in some of the harsh, dangerous anti-freedom states up north. Keep yours, and savor the breath of freedom you will experience elsewhere. The casual OC we enjoy here would certainly get you proned out, possibly at gunpoint, and charged with a felony or two in "low-crime, anti-gun" NJ! (You didn't say where you're going, but just about any state would be an improvement over NJ, trust me.)

Congratulations on getting out, and welcome to OCDO! :monkey

All American Nightmare

imported post

Tom 34534 wrote:
I'm being transferred out of NJ, assuming residence in another state. I have a FID, and weapons. Does anyone know if I have to notify the NJSP or anyoneof my departure, turn in my FID b4 I give the 1 finger salute to the Garden State?

Thanks for any advice!

Were are you being transferred to ?

jerz_subbie

imported post

CONGRATULATIONS!!! I recently left NJ for NC and am not looking back... hopefully you're moving to a free state!

There is no reason to let anyone know that you're taking your weapons out of NJ. They'll be glad you and your weapons are leaving anyway.

Sheepdawg

imported post

Tom 34534 wrote:

Thanks for any advice!
Give the salute and do a little dance!!:celebrate Your free bro!

CowboyKen

imported post

Tom 34534 wrote:

Thanks for any advice!

IANAL, the answer to your question is, NO!

Ken