Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: "Man has no regrets defending Oklahoma City pharmacy"

Post imported post

http://newsok.com/man-has-no-regrets...rticle/3371710

And of course, the man is a racist for defending his life because the perp just happened to be black. Guess he should have just given up and let himself be murdered cause the bad guy was part of a "protected class".

Yup, still need a puke icon on this board.......

Post imported post

+1 well done. No warning shots there.

Post imported post

compmanio365 wrote:
    And of course, the man is a racist for defending his life because the perp just happened to be black.
    What is the premise of their argument? Do they really think they can just start yelling out emotionally irrelevant outcries, and expect sympathy from others? I guess you can't argue with the sheer stupidity of some people.

Post imported post

Sounds like the worst case scenario and why we carry. I am strongly disturbed that certain members of the community chose to protest a man who defended himself and others rather than protesting the criminals who brought death and mayhem to their community.
    Bob Owens @ Bearing Arms (paraphrased): "These people aren't against violence; they're very much in favor of violence. They're against armed resistance."

Post imported post

compmanio365 wrote:
    http://newsok.com/man-has-no-regrets...rticle/3371710

And of course, the man is a racist for defending his life because the perp just happened to be black. Guess he should have just given up and let himself be murdered cause the bad guy was part of a "protected class".

Yup, still need a puke icon on this board.......
    How about this one?

It's the same old story, he was a good boy he wouldn't hurt anybody. He was getting his life turned around. He didn't have to kill him. I hear it on the news around here all the time and it pisses me off. They make it sound as if the victim just walked up and shot him for no reason.

Post imported post

Hhhhmmmm, the plot thickens ... Police say pharmacist's story doesn't match physical evidence or security camera footage and he has been arrested for 1st degree murder:

http://newsok.com/oklahoma-city-phar...rticle/3372863

http://newsok.com/oklahoma-city-phar...rticle/3372941

Bob Owens @ Bearing Arms (paraphrased): "These people aren't against violence; they're very much in favor of violence. They're against armed resistance."

Post imported post

"Ersland said he shot one of the robbers in the head then grabbed a second gun to pursue the other robber.
    The injured teen was trying to get up, Ersland said, so he emptied his gun into the would-be robber’s chest."

Unfortunately, the Prosecution probably will run with that statement, if the Video surveillance tape and the Medical examiner both prove it to be true.

Founder's Club Member - Moderator longwatch's Avatar

Post imported post

Just saw the story on Fark.com
    Surveillance videos at the linkhttp://www.kfor.com/news/local/kfor-news-pharmacy-shooter-charged-story,0,1136511.story

This is not going to be easy for Mr Ersland. Looks pretty much like he shot the robber while down on the ground and not an immediate threat.

Post imported post

longwatch wrote:
    Surveillance videos at the linkhttp://www.kfor.com/news/local/kfor-...,1136511.story

This is not going to be easy for Mr Ersland. Looks pretty much like he shot the robber while down on the ground and not an immediate threat.
    Damn, from what I can observe, the 16 year old with the back pack was unarmed. *IF* that youngster did have a gun and attempted to shoot Mr. Ersland from a lying position, then self defense claim might be valid. However, there are those five shots to the boy's chest........!

Post imported post

you can't see the boy on the ground to know if he was trying to get up or not. As far as i can tell nobody else was there to witness it so its more less a his word against the boys and the dead boy cant talk. I commend this man for his actions. He saved those girls life plus his but as we all know it doesn't always pay to do the right thing. The criminals have more rights than us!

Post imported post

Charge of 1st degree murder should be dropped -D.A. 's political considerationsput aside.No "boys" on this video - just armed robbers who engaged in the commission of an aggravated robbery [threatening the life of pharmacist]. Felons are themselvesresponsible for any collateral homocide. Wish I was on the jury roll in OKC. Simple aquital -white-black-brown-green-gray doesn't enter into equation.[I'm 1/8 Native American BTW]

Post imported post

I just read about this incident today. First of all, good for the pharmacist for refusing to be a victim. Second, as far as the would-be robbers, sux to be them.

As far as the "murder" charge, as was said above, the video does not show what the thug was doing-getting up or not. The fact that the DA wants to prosecute a man who was assaulted violently while minding his own business (literally) , when their is real doubt as to the facts, makes me angry and sick.

I suppose if he was not getting up, and was just lying there bleed'n, and the pharmicist capped him 5 more times, then it was "murder" technically. But as far as I'm concerned, I don't give a rats a$$. The punk made his bed, now he can bleed out in it. Make better choices in the next life.

Post imported post

Post imported post

Grr.. my bad

Post imported post

I hope theBG on the floor has a gun because it looks liketheownerwent to theback room toreload and back out for justice. You've got to give the guy the benefit of the doubt because the surveillance does not show the BG on the ground.

I hope this works out for him.

P.S. It's irrelevant if he is a kid or not because he's in the process of committing a felony. He's a criminal.

Post imported post

After watching the video I have to agree with some on here I'm not so sure the kid with the backpack was armed, can anyone else see one? Not that it matters because he was taking part in the commission of the felony where there was a firearm involved. Kid was shot in the head, was no longer a threat- he was down so why return to shoot him some more? Wish I could see what was off camera.

Post imported post

Mr. Ersland did good initially. However he is now in big trouble and that video does not help him one bit. I can't go along with Murder 1 but he is not going to get off completely. Now the other robber needs to be charged with Murder 1 if OK is a state with that possibility of contributing to the act.

Regular Member Washintonian_For_Liberty's Avatar

Post imported post

longwatch wrote:
    Surveillance videos at the linkhttp://www.kfor.com/news/local/kfor-...,1136511.story

Who the hell cares???? That little scumbag needed to die... They burst in there waving a gun in the guys face and would have shot him if they could have thought of it first.... sorry... never let scum live.
    Associate with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for it is better to be alone than in bad company. ~ George Washington

Post imported post

The VICTIM of the armed robbery attempt has the justification for use of LETHAL force to nuetralize the THREAT. A breathing co-perpetrator of an armed robbery is a threat to the life of the victim.Charges need to be dropped - no conviction is going to happen. D.A. seems to support pharmacist - just covering the political spectrum that might affect his re-election prospects.

It's a sad commentary that the deceased criminal is [once again] of a certain ethnicity - bringing to mind the Joe Horn incident in Pasadena, Texas. Unfortunately members of that ethnic group constitute an extremely disproportionate segment of such violent, predatory criminal offenses. THEY [the perps] are soley responsible for this rising problem. Law-abiding hardworking people have had enough already !

There ain't no "free lunch" - and there's not going to continue to be a free ride on the backs of hardworking honest folks.

Post imported post

Washintonian_For_Liberty wrote:
    longwatch wrote:

Who the hell cares???? That little scumbag needed to die... They burst in there waving a gun in the guys face and would have shot him if they could have thought of it first.... sorry... never let scum live.
    +100

Post imported post

Caution Here. We are getting all of our information from the "general media" and we know how "accurate" and "trustworthy" they are.

I'd rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6.

Regular Member Washintonian_For_Liberty's Avatar

Post imported post

Yeah, but the most information I need is the video showing two thugs in masks coming into the store waving a big friggin gun in the pharmacists face.... that's it... after that, it's elementary. Shoot the little buggers... make sure they're dead so they can't pull out a weapon and shoot you. Dead people cannot pull triggers. Its sad that a 16 year old and a 14 year old chose to commit armed robbery... basically a death sentence if they come face to face with an armed citizen like they did. I only wish that every punk armed robber would get killed in their attempted armed robbery. It would save our country a hell of a lot of money in prison time... I mean, 16 years old... probably end up spending 30 years or more of his life in prison at around 60,000 per year... hell, a gun owner just saved Oklahoma City a cool 1.8 million dollars.... they should give him an award or the keys to the City.
    Associate with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for it is better to be alone than in bad company. ~ George Washington

Post imported post

Washintonian_For_Liberty wrote:
    Yeah, but the most information I need is the video showing two thugs in masks coming into the store waving a big friggin gun in the pharmacists face.... that's it... after that, it's elementary. Shoot the little buggers... make sure they're dead so they can't pull out a weapon and shoot you. Dead people cannot pull triggers. Its sad that a 16 year old and a 14 year old chose to commit armed robbery... basically a death sentence if they come face to face with an armed citizen like they did. I only wish that every punk armed robber would get killed in their attempted armed robbery. It would save our country a hell of a lot of money in prison time... I mean, 16 years old... probably end up spending 30 years or more of his life in prison at around 60,000 per year... hell, a gun owner just saved Oklahoma City a cool 1.8 million dollars.... they should give him an award or the keys to the City.
    Agree with all of this. "Don't start nothin', won't be nothin'"
    Remember Peter Nap and Skidmark. Do them proud. Be active. Be well informed. ALL rights matter.

"An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when you may have to back up your acts with your life."

--Robert A. Heinlein

Hey NSA! *&$# you. Record this--- MOLON LABE!

Post imported post

Even after watching the video we have NO idea what this man saw, he is a war vet and is getting smeared probably because of racial pressure.

For all we know this man saw the kid reaching for something and decided not to take a chance.

Or he mercifily ended his life

Or he told him to "&^%# off" and boom

either way the kid was an idiot and got what he deserved, screw the "we can reabilitate him" liberal crap, how's THAT working out?

Post imported post

My family owns a business. So this story puts a smile on my face. Not to laugh at anothers pain. This man had the right to shoot that thug as many times as he felt he needed to. Not only to assure this maggot didn't get up but also to assure the safety of his fellow workers.Armed robbers are the same as unarmed robbers. They are robbers.Defend your life your business and your family and your a criminal. This reminds me of the situation in the United Kingdom. Pretty soon the only people who will be armed in this country are the bad guys and the really bad guys. I say kill them before they kill you. The lines are getting soblurry between the authorities and the bad guys I think we should justcall a spade a spade. And what will you do when this type ofthing happens to you and you become a political prisoner?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast