• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

"Man has no regrets defending Oklahoma City pharmacy"

Statesman

imported post

compmanio365 wrote:
And of course, the man is a racist for defending his life because the perp just happened to be black.
What is the premise of their argument? Do they really think they can just start yelling out emotionally irrelevant outcries, and expect sympathy from others? I guess you can't argue with the sheer stupidity of some people.

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Sounds like the worst case scenario and why we carry. I am strongly disturbed that certain members of the community chose to protest a man who defended himself and others rather than protesting the criminals who brought death and mayhem to their community.

kimbercarrier

Campaign Veteran
imported post

compmanio365 wrote:
http://newsok.com/man-has-no-regrets-defending-oklahoma-city-pharmacy/article/3371710

And of course, the man is a racist for defending his life because the perp just happened to be black. Guess he should have just given up and let himself be murdered cause the bad guy was part of a "protected class".

Yup, still need a puke icon on this board.......:banghead:
How about this one?

It's the same old story, he was a good boy he wouldn't hurt anybody. He was getting his life turned around. He didn't have to kill him. I hear it on the news around here all the time and it pisses me off. They make it sound as if the victim just walked up and shot him for no reason.:cuss:

GWbiker

imported post

"Ersland said he shot one of the robbers in the head then grabbed a second gun to pursue the other robber.
The injured teen was trying to get up, Ersland said, so he emptied his gun into the would-be robber’s chest."

Unfortunately, the Prosecution probably will run with that statement, if the Video surveillance tape and the Medical examiner both prove it to be true.:banghead::banghead:

longwatch

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
imported post

Just saw the story on Fark.com
Surveillance videos at the linkhttp://www.kfor.com/news/local/kfor-news-pharmacy-shooter-charged-story,0,1136511.story

This is not going to be easy for Mr Ersland. Looks pretty much like he shot the robber while down on the ground and not an immediate threat.

GWbiker

imported post

longwatch wrote:
Surveillance videos at the linkhttp://www.kfor.com/news/local/kfor-news-pharmacy-shooter-charged-story,0,1136511.story

This is not going to be easy for Mr Ersland. Looks pretty much like he shot the robber while down on the ground and not an immediate threat.
Damn, from what I can observe, the 16 year old with the back pack was unarmed. *IF* that youngster did have a gun and attempted to shoot Mr. Ersland from a lying position, then self defense claim might be valid. However, there are those five shots to the boy's chest........!

bigz

imported post

you can't see the boy on the ground to know if he was trying to get up or not. As far as i can tell nobody else was there to witness it so its more less a his word against the boys and the dead boy cant talk. I commend this man for his actions. He saved those girls life plus his but as we all know it doesn't always pay to do the right thing. The criminals have more rights than us!:banghead::banghead::banghead::cuss:

SANDCREEK

imported post

Charge of 1st degree murder should be dropped -D.A. 's political considerationsput aside.No "boys" on this video - just armed robbers who engaged in the commission of an aggravated robbery [threatening the life of pharmacist]. Felons are themselvesresponsible for any collateral homocide. Wish I was on the jury roll in OKC. Simple aquital -white-black-brown-green-gray doesn't enter into equation.[I'm 1/8 Native American BTW]

AZkopper

imported post

I just read about this incident today. First of all, good for the pharmacist for refusing to be a victim. Second, as far as the would-be robbers, sux to be them.

As far as the "murder" charge, as was said above, the video does not show what the thug was doing-getting up or not. The fact that the DA wants to prosecute a man who was assaulted violently while minding his own business (literally) , when their is real doubt as to the facts, makes me angry and sick.

I suppose if he was not getting up, and was just lying there bleed'n, and the pharmicist capped him 5 more times, then it was "murder" technically. But as far as I'm concerned, I don't give a rats a$$. The punk made his bed, now he can bleed out in it. Make better choices in the next life.

zrukman

imported post

I hope theBG on the floor has a gun because it looks liketheownerwent to theback room toreload and back out for justice. You've got to give the guy the benefit of the doubt because the surveillance does not show the BG on the ground. :question:

I hope this works out for him.

P.S. It's irrelevant if he is a kid or not because he's in the process of committing a felony. He's a criminal.

Dahwg

imported post

After watching the video I have to agree with some on here I'm not so sure the kid with the backpack was armed, can anyone else see one? Not that it matters because he was taking part in the commission of the felony where there was a firearm involved. Kid was shot in the head, was no longer a threat- he was down so why return to shoot him some more? Wish I could see what was off camera.

PT111

imported post

Mr. Ersland did good initially. However he is now in big trouble and that video does not help him one bit. I can't go along with Murder 1 but he is not going to get off completely. Now the other robber needs to be charged with Murder 1 if OK is a state with that possibility of contributing to the act.

Washintonian_For_Liberty

imported post

longwatch wrote:

Who the hell cares???? That little scumbag needed to die... They burst in there waving a gun in the guys face and would have shot him if they could have thought of it first.... sorry... never let scum live.

SANDCREEK

imported post

The VICTIM of the armed robbery attempt has the justification for use of LETHAL force to nuetralize the THREAT. A breathing co-perpetrator of an armed robbery is a threat to the life of the victim.Charges need to be dropped - no conviction is going to happen. D.A. seems to support pharmacist - just covering the political spectrum that might affect his re-election prospects.

It's a sad commentary that the deceased criminal is [once again] of a certain ethnicity - bringing to mind the Joe Horn incident in Pasadena, Texas. Unfortunately members of that ethnic group constitute an extremely disproportionate segment of such violent, predatory criminal offenses. THEY [the perps] are soley responsible for this rising problem. Law-abiding hardworking people have had enough already !

There ain't no "free lunch" - and there's not going to continue to be a free ride on the backs of hardworking honest folks.

Hendu024

imported post

Washintonian_For_Liberty wrote:
longwatch wrote:

Who the hell cares???? That little scumbag needed to die... They burst in there waving a gun in the guys face and would have shot him if they could have thought of it first.... sorry... never let scum live.
+100