• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Memorial Weekend (OC)

bmeldrum

imported post

So did everyone have a good Memorial Weekend? Hope every one was safe & had a good memorial weekend. Any good OC stories or bad OC stories?

For me & our family we just stayed in town. Took the family to the Provo Cemetery for flowers on my brothers grave site. Than headed up to the Veterans cemetery (Camp Williams) for flowers on my wifes, brothers gravesite (all the while oc'ing with no problems). Than headed off tothe Living Planet Aquarium & oc'd there with no problems, lots of people & kids. Though that sting ray I touched was eyeing my piece! Then we went to the Lone Peak park & again oc'd with no problems while picnicing.

Than we went to Wheeler Historic Farm and let the kids see the animals (again no problem here) though there was a moment when we approached the north end of the farm there is a building with a sign on it (wished I got a picture of it) it says something to the effect of: To protection People& animals: no firearms, bb guns, pellett guns etc (I don't remember the rest of it). It's not posted anywhere else & it's in the most remote area (if i hadn't been looking around I wouldn't have spotted it). I just continued on my way still oc'ing as if I didn't see the sign (plus I didn't see any employees).

So that was our weekend.

I was wondering if any one knew about Wheeler Farm? Can you oc there? In my opinion if that is their policy than that sign should be posted out front as you enter or by the main facility or something, not behind other buildings. I checked the website and it doesn't have anything stated on there either. Just curious.

Kevin Jensen

State Researcher
imported post

My family and I visited the Living Planet last week while I carried openly. Not a word was said.

Four of us also carried openly in the Gateway Mall after listening to Mark Shurtleff, without incident.

On Memorial Day, about 15 of my family members and I took to the hills of Payson and celebrated with close to 30 different firearms!

Now that was a good time! :celebrate

LovesHisXD45

imported post

I went to see Star Trek at Hollywood Connection with my mom and Step-Dad. I had no incidents or problems there. The movie was awesome btw. :) Then we went over to the Cracker Barrel and had dinner after the show.

Kevin

scorpioajr

imported post

bmeldrum wrote:
So did everyone have a good Memorial Weekend? Hope every one was safe & had a good memorial weekend. Any good OC stories or bad OC stories?...
No. i did not have a good memorial day weekend. Got rained on while camping, tried to leave, got stuck in a foot of the slickest mud i have ever seen - floated the valves in my truck, no compression on cylinders 6 and 4. OH - and subsequently; put a huge crack in my useless plastic/aluminum radiator..Was OCing the whole time. yay..
:banghead:

LovesHisXD45

imported post

ProtectedBy9mm wrote:
bmeldrum wrote:
So did everyone have a good Memorial Weekend? Hope every one was safe & had a good memorial weekend. Any good OC stories or bad OC stories?...
No. i did not have a good memorial day weekend. Got rained on while camping, tried to leave, got stuck in a foot of the slickest mud i have ever seen - floated the valves in my truck, no compression on cylinders 6 and 4. OH - and subsequently; put a huge crack in my useless plastic/aluminum radiator..Was OCing the whole time. yay..
Dude, that totally sux! :( Sorry to hear that. If it's any consolation, my house was invaded by ants this weekend.

Kevin

scorpioajr

imported post

LovesHisXD45 wrote:
ProtectedBy9mm wrote:
bmeldrum wrote:
Dude, that totally sux! :( Sorry to hear that. If it's any consolation, my house was invaded by ants this weekend.

Kevin
Ouch.
Yea, Ants are a horrible infestation, IMO. When my wife and i lived in Miami, we woke up one morning and it looked like someone had taken a Sharpe Marker and drawn a squiggly line from the carpet to ceiling. All ants. took us roughly a month to wipe them from our apartment.

Hope you are able to take care of them soon, they ain't fun. :lol:

LovesHisXD45

imported post

Hey, that's a great idea.. I never knew that coffee grounds would lure and poison the ants. I think I'll try that out.

Kevin