• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Are you ready to sacrifice?

Haman J.T.

imported post

As we have just celebrated Memorial day for those who have sacrificed their lives for us, I am asking you if you have made that decision to sacrifice your life for others as they have? Long ago I came to understand, as a Christian, that I am my brothers keeper, and that while OCing or CCing according to my understanding of my God Given, Constitutional rights, that I must be prepared to protect my life and the lives of my loved ones. And according to Article 1 Sec. 6 of the Michigan constitution,which states " Every person has the right to keep and bear arms for the defense of himself and the state ". I believe ,the state ,is in regards to the citizens of the state,and that means all those who I see when I'm in public or private. I believe God or "my creator", has given me this life and it is up to me to protect what he has given me, and to protect those in public, who may not understand this very truth,whether I know them or not. If I sacrifice my life in this endevour, then I believe I would have done all that I could to achieve what I was put on this earth to do! My hope is that those who have the freedoms that have been protected by the hero's who sacrificed for them would come to truely understand this! That is always my prayer for the citizens of this state and nation! God Bless The U.S.! Rev. Jeff.

AlwaysLearning

imported post

I fully agree, the same today as I did when I enlisted. The one bit of wisdom that was imparted to us in Basic and all through out my military career was this. Don't sacrifice your life for your country, Let the other poor bastard sacrifice his life for his country. Shoot straight and live to fight another day.