• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Local OC'n group looks for monthly gatherin location

ZackL

imported post

I can do the fifteenth, no school until later this month so I'm pretty much open on anything lol.

Ape

imported post

Cool, there's 2 of us...... anyone else?????

And Zach, I really can loan you something to wear if you'd like. I don't know you well enough to trust you with one of my nicer guns (accidental drop or something???) but I could loan you one of my Hi Points if it wouldn't embarass you too much? lol

mahkagari

imported post

Ape wrote:
mahkagari wrote:
That's a defensive pistol match day for me. :(
Is it an all day match? And is it something somewhat near CR so you can meet us at some point?
It's a 4 hour match in Boulder. I think DW has something else planned that day too.

ZackL

imported post

Ape, that would be awesome. I'm not picky about what I carry. I'm fully intending on buying a high-point or two so that would be a great way for me to see how they feel to carry.

Also, I'm up for any time after 11am.

Ape

imported post

ZackL wrote:
Ape, that would be awesome. I'm not picky about what I carry. I'm fully intending on buying a high-point or two so that would be a great way for me to see how they feel to carry.

Well they're heavy as I'm sure you already know. And even though I don't use mine as carry guns, I wouldn't hesitate to trust them with my life. They go bang every time and are as accurate, if not more so, than me.

Would you rather carry my JHP .45 to see how heavy the biggest of them all is? Or I can bring my C9 Comp or CF380.

And how's this sound for a date, time and place..... Saturday the 15th at 1:00 pm at the Castle Cafe http://www.castlecafe.com/

They have great fried chicken and buffalo meatloaf there. My family and I have a tradition of stopping there for lunch or dinner on our way back from the gun club in Ramah.

Ian

Lone Star Veteran
imported post

Ape wrote:
ZackL wrote:

Well they're heavy as I'm sure you already know. And even though I don't use mine as carry guns, I wouldn't hesitate to trust them with my life. They go bang every time and are as accurate, if not more so, than me.

Would you rather carry my JHP .45 to see how heavy the biggest of them all is? Or I can bring my C9 Comp or CF380.

And how's this sound for a date, time and place..... Saturday the 15th at 1:00 pm at the Castle Cafe http://www.castlecafe.com/

They have great fried chicken and buffalo meatloaf there. My family and I have a tradition of stopping there for lunch or dinner on our way back from the gun club in Ramah.
Sounds good, should we call ahead and let em know we're coming? Or just show up?

Do you guys live north of Denver or something?

Ape

imported post

I was wondering if we should call and let them know we might have the need for a few tables put together for everyone? But I honestly had no plans on asking them if they allow Open Carry. I've never noticed any signs, and I've OC'd there before.

I live in Littleton which is South of Denver.

zach

imported post

Ape,

Looking at the link you put for the Castle Cafe, they aren't open till 4:30pm on Saturdays.

If I don't have any activites with my kids, I'd like to try and make it.

Ape

imported post

zach wrote:
Ape,

Looking at the link you put for the Castle Cafe, they aren't open till 4:30pm on Saturdays.

OOPS! Good catch Zach! :-/

So does everyone want to switch the day to Sunday? Or just switch the time to later in the day on Saturday?

Ian

Lone Star Veteran
imported post

Ape wrote:
zach wrote:
Ape,

OOPS! Good catch Zach! :-/

So does everyone want to switch the day to Sunday? Or just switch the time to later in the day on Saturday?
Whatever you guys decide is fine. I might be just a bit late since it's a bit of a drive for me.

Ape

imported post

ZackL wrote:
The .45 would be great as I'm hoping to get a .45 or a .40.

Cool, I'll see if I have a holster that'll work for it then. If not I'll find a combo of something I can hook you up with for the meet. ;-)

Code:
Whatever you guys decide is fine. I might be just a bit late since it's a bit of a drive for me.

That's also why I was going for an afternoon time, that way it'll be easier for everyone to make it.

So is Sunday afternoon better for everyone? Or would 4:30 Saturday work best?