• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Conversation with the neighbour

mahkagari

imported post

This weekendI was doing some yard work and my neigbour across the street spied me. He hollored that he had a question for me. I thought he was going to ask why I kept piling pine needles from the back of the house on the side and then running them over with the lawn mower.

"What do you shoot?"

"You mean caliber? A 9mm generally, but I've got a few others."

We spent a few minutes in the middle of the street comparing inventories, safes, kid rules, etc. We also talked about Trigger Time Gun Club opening near us and my wife's aversion to assault rifles from childhood experiences. Hetold me the story of when his dog got attacked while he was walking it. The Weld CtyDeputy told him that if he'd had his pistol, he would have been well within his right to use it.

He said he wasn't going to get a permit just to walk his dog, but was rethinking that if he could open carry, he'd consider it more often. I told him about the BRC defensive pistol matches and reccomended the CCW class there. He asked if I'd be interested going together to get the permit done, but I noted I'd done my class already.

He said he'd seen me carry a few times and it surprised him because of "what he knew of me".I didn't have a chance to ask what he meant andracked my brain later about it. The only thing I can think of is election yard signs.

I know my neigbour to the rear also has a good armory. We had that conversation when he spied me practicing with air guns in the back yard. Got a flier from the town about neighbourhood watch. This should be interesting.

denverbear

imported post

mahkagari wrote:
This weekendI was doing some yard work and my neigbour across the street spied me. He hollored that he had a question for me. I thought he was going to ask why I kept piling pine needles from the back of the house on the side and then running them over with the lawn mower.

"What do you shoot?"

"You mean caliber? A 9mm generally, but I've got a few others."

We spent a few minutes in the middle of the street comparing inventories, safes, kid rules, etc. We also talked about Trigger Time Gun Club opening near us and my wife's aversion to assault rifles from childhood experiences. Hetold me the story of when his dog got attacked while he was walking it. The Weld CtyDeputy told him that if he'd had his pistol, he would have been well within his right to use it.

He said he wasn't going to get a permit just to walk his dog, but was rethinking that if he could open carry, he'd consider it more often. I told him about the BRC defensive pistol matches and reccomended the CCW class there. He asked if I'd be interested going together to get the permit done, but I noted I'd done my class already.

He said he'd seen me carry a few times and it surprised him because of "what he knew of me".I didn't have a chance to ask what he meant andracked my brain later about it. The only thing I can think of is election yard signs.

I know my neigbour to the rear also has a good armory. We had that conversation when he spied me practicing with air guns in the back yard. Got a flier from the town about neighbourhood watch. This should be interesting.

Where is this Trigger Time gun club?????

mahkagari

imported post

It will be at I-25 and HWY 119 in Longmont. Latest date is fall '09 after being pushed back from December '08. I'm on the fence about it. I could shoot often enough to justify it, but I don't know about the ammo that I'd go through doing it.

denverbear

imported post

mahkagari wrote:
It will be at I-25 and HWY 119 in Longmont. Latest date is fall '09 after being pushed back from December '08. I'm on the fence about it. I could shoot often enough to justify it, but I don't know about the ammo that I'd go through doing it.
Is there a web site telling us about this new shooting range????????I'm at 120th and I- 25 and this could be good for us northern shooters.