• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Doniphan bound....

utahglock

imported post

MY husband and I are moving to his land there in Doniphan, we have enjoyed the gun laws here in Utah, which are some of the most lienent in the nation. And I am wondering what are the laws in MO ?

Concerning OC ?
Registering Firearms ? (here in utah there is no registry and the cops will look at you funny if you ask how do i register my gun in utah)
Private sales ? here you can sale your gun to any other lawful citizen no questions asked.
OC in vehicle ? can you open carry in vehicle or does it need to be concealed ?
what is loaded or unloaded under missouri law ?(in utah its 2 actions from fire, IE no round in chamber)

imported post

utahglock wrote:
MY husband and I are moving to his land there in Doniphan, we have enjoyed the gun laws here in Utah, which are some of the most lienent in the nation. And I am wondering what are the laws in MO ?

Concerning OC ?
Registering Firearms ? (here in utah there is no registry and the cops will look at you funny if you ask how do i register my gun in utah)
Private sales ? here you can sale your gun to any other lawful citizen no questions asked.
OC in vehicle ? can you open carry in vehicle or does it need to be concealed ?
what is loaded or unloaded under missouri law ?(in utah its 2 actions from fire, IE no round in chamber)

There are more knowledgeable people than I that should come along but I will make a stab at your questions.

OC is legal state wide BUT be forewarned that by state law the local municipalities have the right to have anti open carry ordinances enacted. Some do and some don't so it is quite a patchwork that can get a person in trouble rather quickly.

No firearms registration in MO.

Private face to face sales are legal as long as the persons are lawful to purchase.

Concealed carry in a vehicle is allowed with a concealable weapon without a concealed carry permit but do not step out of the vehicle with it concealed on you. without a CCW permit.

You may apply for a CCW permit in MO as soon as you establish residency with proof of such. We no longer have the silly 6 month residency wait to apply.

Hope this helps.

Article1section23

imported post

9026543 wrote:
utahglock wrote: There are more knowledgeable people than I that should come along but I will make a stab at your questions.

OC is legal state wide BUT be forewarned that by state law the local municipalities have the right to have anti open carry ordinances enacted. Some do and some don't so it is quite a patchwork that can get a person in trouble rather quickly.

No firearms registration in MO.

Private face to face sales are legal as long as the persons are lawful to purchase.

Concealed carry in a vehicle is allowed with a concealable weapon without a concealed carry permit but do not step out of the vehicle with it concealed on you. without a CCW permit.

You may apply for a CCW permit in MO as soon as you establish residency with proof of such. We no longer have the silly 6 month residency wait to apply.

Hope this helps.

902 got it right....Also, yourUtah permitwill be good here until it expires (if you have one). You will be very remote, 35 miles or so to Poplar Bluff, but be careful not to cross the state line while OCing into AR.

Welcome to Missouri