• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Great PR

hugh jarmis

Centurion
imported post

Great article. My fav quotes:
Hubert Hoffman, who planned the Onalaska event said: "Those who chose to open carry a firearm are not a danger to the public. Those who chose to open carry are the general public."
"Dan Jansen Family Fest": Well, according to many reports, violence broke out. Gangs were present. Someone was said to have been stabbed, which was later proven to be false. Police arrested 20 people. Fights spread from the festival, located at Konkel Park, into surrounding neighborhoods. A police officer was punched in the face by an 18 year old Milwaukee man and suffered a split lip and bloody nose. Tasers were used by law enforcement. Additional squads had tobe called in from Franklin and Greendale. People in attendance said the fighting could have been called a riot.
RiverSplashis not anopen carry event, nor was it last year, either. Law-abiding citizens were not armed, but the hoodlums who shot up the place were.
Maybe we should make all summer events "open carry?" Perhaps the criminal elements in our society would think twice before attending. They'd realize that law-abiding citizens wouldn't be easy prey anymore, since they'd be armed, too. Our festivals and events could actually become safer -with thedangerous thugs choosing tostay away.

patriotguy

imported post

Sent Ms. Hemmer an email thanking her for the story, and her writing what nobody else in the media has the courage to write.

Great article.

Pal

imported post

I know, I owe this reporter more than I think. She has done an excellent job there.

Thanks again for supporting WI for OC.:celebrate