• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

RATTLESNAKE__RKBA__DON'T TREAD ON ME

Washintonian_For_Liberty

imported post

AWDstylez wrote:
I really have to lol at the irony of your cartoon. The world didn't end in '34 and it isn't going to end now.

Just goes to show how people make a panic out of nothing, simply because they don't understand what's going on around them.
Liberty and Freedom ended. Gold was confiscated from Americans at the end of a gun. Compulsory unionism was made into law. And FDR basically gave us big government. Roosevelt changed the very nature of the American government from a Constitutional Republic restrained by the Constitution to a populist Democracy ruled by Demagogues. Many of the reforms of the 1930s remain embedded in policy today includingacreage allotments, price supports and marketing controls in agriculture, extensive regulation of private securities, federal intrusion into union-management relations, government lending and insurance activities (which are the primary cause of today's economic woes), the minimum wage, national unemployment insurance, Social Security and welfare payments, production and sale of electrical power by the federal government, fiat money--the list goes on. We are less free today thanks to the Fascist FDR and we were only saved by WWII when a Fascist made Fascism so unpopular, no politician dare try and introduce it back into America like FDR had been doing before the war... that is, until now. Americans have been sufficiently dumbed down by the education system that a re-introduction of Fascism can happen and when they're told aboutit, they scoff and claim that Fascism is far right and what Obama is doing is far left... yep, the propaganda passing off as civics and political science has paid off in spades.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

XD40coyote wrote:
Sorry to sidetrack, but I found this shirt LMAO- they look like african antelopes ( springboks or something) by the horns. I am totally digging OCing antelopes! Just need to see if there's a sheepdog one like this.

http://t-shirts.cafepress.com/item/not-victims-light-tshirt/290550444

The image seems to be from an old Calvin and Hobbs Sunday comic strip.

The story line was that an office worker gets up from his desk for coffee and, in a turn about on the usual hunting theme, the deer get him. The strip even names the shooter as "Bamb," (no "i") if I recall.

Edited to Add: When I click on the image and enlarge it, it looks also like it might bean image fromsomething byGary Larsen, creator ofThe Far Side.

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Washintonian_For_Liberty wrote:
AWDstylez wrote:
I really have to lol at the irony of your cartoon.  The world didn't end in '34 and it isn't going to end now.

Just goes to show how people make a panic out of nothing, simply because they don't understand what's going on around them.
Liberty and Freedom ended. Gold was confiscated from Americans at the end of a gun. Compulsory unionism was made into law. And FDR basically gave us big government. Roosevelt changed the very nature of the American government from a Constitutional Republic restrained by the Constitution to a populist Democracy ruled by Demagogues. Many of the reforms of the 1930s remain embedded in policy today including acreage allotments, price supports and marketing controls in agriculture, extensive regulation of private securities, federal intrusion into union-management relations, government lending and insurance activities (which are the primary cause of today's economic woes), the minimum wage, national unemployment insurance, Social Security and welfare payments, production and sale of electrical power by the federal government, fiat money--the list goes on. We are less free today thanks to the Fascist FDR and we were only saved by WWII when a Fascist made Fascism so unpopular, no politician dare try and introduce it back into America like FDR had been doing before the war... that is, until now. Americans have been sufficiently dumbed down by the education system that a re-introduction of Fascism can happen and when they're told about it, they scoff and claim that Fascism is far right and what Obama is doing is far left... yep, the propaganda passing off as civics and political science has paid off in spades.
As Jefferson liked to point out, the Constitution is an act of legislature and, its fancy name aside, has no weight that subsequent legislatures cannot repeal. This is recognized both in law, where the Constitution may be (and has been, numerously) amended by a simple (though decisive) act of legislature; and by reality, where the average citizen is restrained in his politics Constitution far more than is the government in its power (witness the Bush administration).

That the RKBA is growing has everything to do with the will of The People (that group so feared and despised by those like yourself who cannot help but constantly declaim against "populists" and "populism" in general) and less to do with the "Republicanism" of government.

The proof I offer of this is the Heller decision: a grudging concession to the will of the people from an otherwise thoroughly statist Supreme Court, who even in so doing could not bear to reach the logical conclusion of the 2nd Amendment and was compelled by its innate statism to gave us a document setting ruinous precedent regarding the right to keep and bear weapons unpopular (<-- notice that, there) in general use, such as those weapons made "unpopular" solely by their having been long banned, e.g. fully-automatic firearms.

For a self-declared anti-statist, you demonstrate uncanny trust in the Republicanism of government to preserve rights, and very little in the depository where it truly lies, that being the people (you know, that segment of society other than "the state").

Washintonian_For_Liberty

imported post

I trust that forcing our government to adhere to Republicanism will result in more sane governance. I trust that those who think of themselves as leaders are just wannabe masters lording over those they see as slaves. I trust that if we don't stand unified against them, that they will run roughshod over us... and I trust that if we let Democracy get any more prevalent in our government, then we can kiss our rights goodbye as every successive majority to take over will implement one draconian rule after the other to criminalize their political opponents positions.

While governments have made light of the Constitution, and have ignored it for their own gain... and lied to pass amendments, changing the Constitution isn't as easy as you say it is any longer. Like Bush before him, Obama has no love for the Constitution, but rather, for the power they perceive they have and the good they believe they are doing...

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience."

I can't read that enough without marveling at his insight and wisdom. Bush, Obama, Pelosi, Gingrich, Reid or Dole... all have pushed their own morality on us for our own good. If Reagan had been able to be President in the 60s when he was at his peak for freedom and Liberty, that would have been nice... but by the 80s, more and more of his entourage was controlling policy and they were unabashed statists.

I love Liberty. I love my country. I love our Constitution and I will fight until there is no more breath in me to restore the Republic. Its the least I can do for my children.

Il_Duce

Banned
imported post

Il_Duce wrote:
Riiight, I use a name of a character from a movie, you automatically jump my ass assuming I'm using a nickname a fascist went by of his own accord, and I have problems...

See, this is the problem with today's youth... they have no clue of what has come before. They don't know history and they don't have a clue about anything except for what Hollywood tells them they should know.

Son, there's a whole world out there where history has happened.... in fact, it's because people like you refusing to actually learn history that this economy is going into the tank once again.

Learn history... then maybe someone bringing up the fact that your moniker was the nickname of a REAL Fascist dictator wouldn't be a surprise to you.
Pardon me for assuming people on a gun forum would associate Il Duce with a movie character who happens to be a gun slinger from a ridiculously popular, nearly cult movie, before they think, "Hey, I think that guy's referencing a dictator from half a century ago!"

I forget sometimes that some of you people have nothing but contempt for anything that isn't A) Biblical, B) Connected to war, C) Crazy as shit.

And as for youth of today not learning history, just remember who raised us. Who taught us. Who brought us to where we are.

(And for the record, I'm a big history buff. Get off your high horse, Napoleon. All you're proving is you can be a dick for no good reason.)

AWDstylez

Banned
imported post

AWDstylez wrote:
I really have to lol at the irony of your cartoon. The world didn't end in '34 and it isn't going to end now.

Liberty and Freedom ended. Gold was confiscated from Americans at the end of a gun. Compulsory unionism was made into law. And FDR basically gave us big government. Roosevelt changed the very nature of the American government from a Constitutional Republic restrained by the Constitution to a populist Democracy ruled by Demagogues. Many of the reforms of the 1930s remain embedded in policy today includingacreage allotments, price supports and marketing controls in agriculture, extensive regulation of private securities, federal intrusion into union-management relations, government lending and insurance activities (which are the primary cause of today's economic woes), the minimum wage, national unemployment insurance, Social Security and welfare payments, production and sale of electrical power by the federal government, fiat money--the list goes on. We are less free today thanks to the Fascist FDR and we were only saved by WWII when a Fascist made Fascism so unpopular, no politician dare try and introduce it back into America like FDR had been doing before the war... that is, until now. Americans have been sufficiently dumbed down by the education system that a re-introduction of Fascism can happen and when they're told aboutit, they scoff and claim that Fascism is far right and what Obama is doing is far left... yep, the propaganda passing off as civics and political science has paid off in spades.

Thanks for supporting my point...

AWDstylez:

AWDstylez

Banned
imported post

I trust that forcing our government to adhere to Republicanism will result in more sane governance. I trust that those who think of themselves as leaders are just wannabe masters lording over those they see as slaves. I trust that if we don't stand unified against them, that they will run roughshod over us... and I trust that if we let Democracy get any more prevalent in our government, then we can kiss our rights goodbye as every successive majority to take over will implement one draconian rule after the other to criminalize their political opponents positions.

Don't you see the gross contradictions in your line of thinking?

On the one hand you're saying that people can't be trusted and democratic ideals will destroy us, and you say that a republican (rule by the elite) government will save us.

Then you turn around and say that people like Obama, Pelosi, Bush, etc (the elite masters of republican government) are going to ruin us and we the people need to stand together to oppose them.

But how can we oppose them? You just took all the power of the people away and gave to the elite rulers of our supposed "republic." How can you can blame them for pushing their agenda when your beliefs are based on the fact that the common folk are mindless idiots and the elite rulers of the republic know all? That's what you want, isn't it, for them to push their agenda? They know all and we know nothing. Why should they do what we want them to do? We're just a bunch of brain-dead pieces of meat that would destroy the country if we had our way. Let the elite do what the elite do, they know what's best for us. You better just sit down and shut up; all that opinion you're spouting is starting to sound democratic. You'll be the death of us all.

:quirky

Il_Duce

Banned
imported post

SPOILERSPOILERSPOILERSPOILER

In the end it's discovered he's their father.

Il_Duce

Banned
imported post

With a K, not a C.

Crazy AND a poor speller, what else is wrong with you? :p