• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Official Milwaukee School Zone Map

Mugenlude

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Nice work WI Patriot...

Now if we could get this into the hands of someone who could change this ordinance.:banghead:

Brass Magnet

Founder's Club Member
imported post

eleuthera wrote:
awesome job on the map there. Do you have any hard statistics for what percentage occurred in school zones?

Uhm.....

You could count the arrows on the map:quirky;)

On a serious note, it would be nice to keep compiling away on this thing and get the statistics includedsince the "Victim Disarmament Zone" law was put into effect.

southside

Campaign Veteran
imported post

don't feel bad roconner neither can i...................but can a person really be outside, on his property, within the 1000 ft rule..............

southside

Campaign Veteran
imported post

i found the answer to my own question.....................you can carry on PRIVATE property within 1000ft.................i might consider having a oc picnic.............i've got st agnes a block away

Flipper

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Out standing - Would it be possible to have running total of YTD shootings, the numberthat occurred in a school zone and that didnot?

Again, thanks for your work. To win we are going to need facts, not fiction.The Brady ghouls willprovide the fiction as they always do while dancing in the blood of victims.

smithman

imported post

Flipper wrote:
Out standing - Would it be possible to have running total of YTD shootings, the numberthat occurred in a school zone and that didnot?

Again, thanks for your work. To win we are going to need facts, not fiction.The Brady ghouls willprovide the fiction as they always do while dancing in the blood of victims.
All it takes is one person to watch jsonline.com every day and put a dot on a map approximately wherever a shooting is reported. By the end of the year one would have a clear picture of the school zone being a victim disarmament zone to show. I cannot watch it everyday, can someone else?

Flipper

Campaign Veteran
imported post

smithman wrote:
All it takes is one person to watch jsonline.com every day and put a dot on a map approximately wherever a shooting is reported. By the end of the year one would have a clear picture of the school zone being a victim disarmament zone to show. I cannot watch it everyday, can someone else?
I don't see the Journal's "Homcide Tracker" database updated past March.:uhoh: Wonder why? Maybe because it's a great resource forthe pro 2ndAmendment and Section 25 advocates?

patriotguy

imported post

I wouldn't read into why the homicide tracker data has not been updated. My guess is that the paper is short staffed and the database may be updated on a quarterly basis. Don't look for conspiracies here.

I have not found any resources for recording all the shootings in Milwaukee and the surrounding areas. There are shootings daily in Milwaukee, and not all make the news. Seems the only shooting stories that make the news is when someone is actually shot.

I feel that more research is needed before we use the map I edited to show the folly of "gun free zones". You can make some assumptions based upon the data provided, but I feel that we need more concrete facts before we push the school zone issue.

Regards,

Flipper

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Gun in school zone classified with the worst of worst crimes. From the State Senate version of the budget, page 12:

http://www.legis.state.wi.us/lfb/2009-11Budget/2009_06_17WI%20Senate.pdf

I don't know what this means, (I think it may have to do with early release) but it can't be good ifyou are arrested for having a firearm in aschool disarmamentzone.

1. SENTENCE MODIFICATIONS

Modify provisions related to sentencing as follows:

[align=left]2.
MODIFICATIONS TO SENTENCE ADJUSTMENT AND EXTENDED SUPERVISION DISCHARGE

[/align]
[align=left]Exclude the following offenses from sentence adjustment (Class C through I felonies), risk reduction sentence, and extended supervision discharge provisions:[/align]
[align=left]a. Provisions regarding "offenses related to school safety;"
[/align]

[align=left]b. Provisions regarding "government ethics" violations;[/align]
[align=left]c. Provisions regarding "offenses against elderly and vulnerable persons;"[/align]
[align=left]d. Felony murder (940.03);[/align]
[align=left]e. Kidnapping (940.31);[/align]
[align=left]f. Physical abuse of a child that causes great bodily harm to a child (948.03(2)(a));[/align]
[align=left]g. Second-degree reckless homicide (940.06);[/align]
[align=left]h. Human trafficking (940.302);[/align]
[align=left]etc.........
[/align]
[align=left]Define "offenses related to school safety" to include the following offenses:
[/align]

[align=left]a. Possession of a gun in a gun-free school zone (948.605(2)(a)); and
[/align]

[align=left]b. Dangerous weapons other than firearms on school premises (948.61(2)(b)).[/align]

Flipper

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Once again, excellent.....the basis for a news story theanti-2nd Admendment and anti-Article 1, Section 25 news media in Milwaukee and Madison press does not want to tell.

Lammie

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Whether or not siewalks are private property has been discussed a number of times on this forum. The subject is important because one of the exclusions to the "school zone" law is that it is not unlawful to open carry a firearm within the 1000' perimeter if it is done on private property. I am of the opinion that sidewalks are private property under easement to a political subdivision for "public use". The abutting property owner retains fee title to the sidewalk. Unfortunately there doesn't appear to be a "cut and dried" definition in state statutes. Also unfortunately the penalty risk to test the opinion in court is too extreme for the majority of us. I have found a sidewalk policy that appears to support the private property theory. The policy is for the city of Portage Wisconsin. It follows:

http://www.ci.portage.wi.us/index.asp?Type=B_BASIC&SEC=%7B5B9B55DF-83B9-46E5-8F3A-8F0FAF8A9A9D%7D&DE=%7B65A201F1-8701-45CD-91B7-297E7D5229BD%7D

Note: The policy appears to pertain to both sidewalks and what are commonly known as boulevards. A hint to that is contained in the TREES section. What is extremely interesting is the information contained in COST APPORTIONMENT. It says that the cost of installing sideways is the responsibility of the abutting property owner. If the sidewalks were considered "public property" I would presume that the installation of the sidewalks would be done using public money.

I think "key" to our cause is finding a precise definition on ownership of sidewalks. Not sure how that can be done but if it does support the theory of private property it sure would put a "wrinkle" in the school zone law and the Milwaukee Police Department school zone maps.