• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Official Milwaukee School Zone Map

Lammie

Campaign Veteran
imported post

948.61(1)(b)
(b) "School" means a public, parochial or private school which provides an educational program for one or more grades between grades 1 and 12 and which is commonly known as an elementary school, middle school, junior high school, senior high school or high school.

bnhcomputing

Founder's Club Member
imported post

If I remember correctly, there were several of you who lived within these supposed "school" zones. Please contact me via PM if you live within a school zone.

Thank you,

bnhcomputing

cleveland

imported post

I wonder if Gonzales (when at Menard's) was in a school zone, or it just didn't occur to them to charge him with a school zone violation. :?

bnhcomputing

Founder's Club Member
imported post

cleveland wrote:
I wonder if Gonzales (when at Menard's) was in a school zone, or it just didn't occur to them to charge him with a school zone violation. :?
Wouldn't matter, the Menard's parking lot, like most businesses, is PRIVATE property.

I carry regularly in a Festival Foods store, the entire store is within the School Zone restriction, but because they have PRIVATE (off street) parking, I'm legal.

cleveland

imported post

That's interesting, I never would have thought of it that way. Your right, the parking lot is the store's property. I wonder how that works with my sidewalk. I have to shovel it in the winter, that's got to count for something. I wonder where that falls legally?

So that means you get your pistol out of the trunk and load up every time you walk in to every store? Seems like a lot of time being spent on putting on/taking off a pistol.

protias

imported post

cleveland wrote:
That's interesting, I never would have thought of it that way. Your right, the parking lot is the store's property. I wonder how that works with my sidewalk. I have to shovel it in the winter, that's got to count for something. I wonder where that falls legally?

So that means you get your pistol out of the trunk and load up every time you walk in to every store? Seems like a lot of time being spent on putting on/taking off a pistol.
Sidewalks are considered public property despite you having to shovel snow off of them and that they are clear for pedestrians.

AaronS

imported post

bnhcomputing wrote:
If I remember correctly, there were several of you who lived within these supposed "school" zones. Please contact me via PM if you live within a school zone.

Thank you,

bnhcomputing

A friend of mine lives in a school zone. I just can't buy into it, and carry the moment I get out of my truck (55th and North Ave, (I bet you would carry illegal to, he has lost two local pizza guys in his area, one to a head shot, his car stopped after hitting a tree, no cash taken)). This choice I have to make is just a bad thing to force me into, but again, jail is better then dead...

MKEgal

imported post

(I've PM'd you, too...)

According to that map, I live in 2 school zones. One school is in
the housing project a couple blocks south of me, where the thugs
live & breed. Wanna bet they don't follow the school zone law?

With the crime around here (Sherman & Hampton), I will carry even
though it's technically illegal. I'd rather be alive than a victim.

Krysta
(MKEgal)

-

davegran

Cassville Area -Twelve Miles From Anything, Wiscon
imported post

MKEgal wrote:
(I've PM'd you, too...)

According to that map, I live in 2 school zones. One school is in
the housing project a couple blocks south of me, where the thugs
live & breed. Wanna bet they don't follow the school zone law?

With the crime around here (Sherman & Hampton), I will carry even
though it's technically illegal. I'd rather be alive than a victim.

Krysta
(MKEgal)-
Welcome Krysta,
Sorry you have to
bend the law to stay safe. Let's hope that the new law suit will change that. The 1000' law is obviously just a way to further disarm the people who obey the laws. If the law is to protect the kids, why is it still in force when the kids aren't in school? :banghead:

Dave

OCglock1988

imported post

Hi everyone. I am new to the site and very curious about open carry and deciding if i want to start OC. Ive been on and off here for a few days and found the school zone map for milwaukee to be interesting because that is where i would like to carry.(my girlfriends place was robbed at gunpoint by two thugs with semis and that is the reason i bought a handgun for self defense in the first place) she lives on the corner of lloyd st and booth(near the reservoir and the large bend in North ave highlighted in blue...) The map says that the gfsz law does not apply there but IS ANYONE ELSE CONCERNED THAT THE MAPS THEMSELVES SAY THAT THEY ARE FROM 2006... OVER 4 YEARS AGO!!!!??????? i need to resolve this before i even think about carrying down there. Thanks if anyone answers and ive found these forums to be very helpful

protias

imported post

OCglock1988 wrote:
Hi everyone. I am new to the site and very curious about open carry and deciding if i want to start OC. Ive been on and off here for a few days and found the school zone map for milwaukee to be interesting because that is where i would like to carry.(my girlfriends place was robbed at gunpoint by two thugs with semis and that is the reason i bought a handgun for self defense in the first place) she lives on the corner of lloyd st and booth(near the reservoir and the large bend in North ave highlighted in blue...) The map says that the gfsz law does not apply there but IS ANYONE ELSE CONCERNED THAT THE MAPS THEMSELVES SAY THAT THEY ARE FROM 2006... OVER 4 YEARS AGO!!!!??????? i need to resolve this before i even think about carrying down there. Thanks if anyone answers and ive found these forums to be very helpful
One thing you can do it download Google Earth, zoom in on the area, then use the ruler from the edge of near by schools to find out if you are okay.

davegran

imported post

OCglock1988 wrote:
Hi OCglock,
Welcome to the forum. Being in Dousman, maybe this Spring you'd like to help us with the Adopt-A-Highway trash pickup we do just south of you. Here are the threads if you're interested:

[size="+1"]Anyway, to build your own school zone map, go to [/size][size="+1"]this link at Google Maps[/size][size="+1"] and enter category:Schools -kindergarten -college -dance -driving -art -aircraft -craft -technical loc: wi in the search box; it'll show every school in Wisconsin. Then navigate to the area you want to check. Each of those red dots is a school! If you adjust the magnification slider to either 2000 ft or 1000 ft on the scale on the lower left of the window, you can use that to visualize the "victim zones". You could even print it out and manually draw the 1000' dimensions if you don't have Photo Shop or Paint Shop Pro or some such.

Remember, the 1000' is measured from the edge of the school property, not the center of the school building. To be safe, you'll have to verify that you've accounted for all the schools with boots on the ground... Google might have missed something.

Dave
[/size][size="+1"]http://maps.google.com/maps[/size]

OCglock1988

imported post

Thanks to dave and protias for responding to my question. I think there may be a school on the other side of the park adjacent to my girls apartment so... ****. it may be farther than 1000ft though lets hope. And Dave about the trash pickup Id be interested if you send me some more info in the future or a different link because your url must have been bad. Thanks again for helpin a new guy this website is great.

davegran

imported post

OCglock1988 wrote:
Thanks to dave and protias for responding to my question. I think there may be a school on the other side of the park adjacent to my girls apartment so... @#$%. it may be farther than 1000ft though lets hope. And Dave about the trash pickup Id be interested if you send me some more info in the future or a different link because your url must have been bad. Thanks again for helpin a new guy this website is great.
Sorry about that! Try these:

[size="+1"]http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum57/21625.html

http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum57/29743.html

http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum57/32105.html
[/size]
Dave

range rat

imported post

Hi Lammie. Range Rat here, may i use this. my wife says i can come out an play now.An i got a few words for certain politican an chief of police..

Lammie

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Range Rat:

Anything I post on this forum is free for anyone to use but I am not a lawyer so they do so at their own discretion.

mattfish86

imported post

Some one living up there should write the city that produced the map. Dr Brenda Noach Elementary & Secondary Choice Schools was incorrectly placed in veterans park. It is located in the war memorial. That would mean the "school property" is much smaller and a lot more area would be gun friendly.

range rat

imported post

hi bnhcomputing, read your oct, 21. reply.. try this one on for size. I live in Cudahy on grange ave, between two school. I have the grade school 50 yards too my west, I have the middle school 40 yards too my east, are you for this!!!! I have a couple of molesters liveing less then thirty yards from the mid school... Iask the cudahy mayorabout this, he told me there were grandfather in when they change the law. :cuss:

rangerat