• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Orange County OC Meet & Greet, Take 2.

demnogis

imported post

Same place the first one was supposed to be at, Carrows off of Chapman in Orange.

Saturday, June 20th ~5:00PM.

Map: Google Maps

Pleas PM with RSVPs! A phone number or e-mail addy would be great so I can send out reminders.

bigtoe416

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

Just pick the weekend one. If people can make it, they'll come. I'm 100% behind CA_Libertarian's theory that you should just pick a date and ask for RSVPs.

CA_Libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

Not saying my way is the only way, just sharing what I have found to work for me. I know how frustrating it can become when plans don't work out; just want to make it easier on everybody involved.

IMO, if you want people's input, make a poll. Set it to close after 3 or 5 days, that'll give you time to get people to RSVP.

M198

imported post

I'd love to come but I'm not sure which Carrows. I don't see one off of Katella in Orange. There is one by the 55 and Chapman and another one off Harbor, south of Katella in Anaheim. Which one are you talking about?

demnogis

imported post

I am a total freaking retard.

I forgot that I am going to the Appleseed marksman even all day saturday and sunday.

Who's okay with a date change to the 13th? I will send out reminders2-3 days before now that I have a list of contacts to inform.

bigtoe416

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

My girl and I are going to the Appleseed in Sacramento on the 13th and 14th. Got two all black Ruger 10/22s with tech sights and other modifications. Took them to the range last weekend and was shooting groups of three shots inside 1.5" bulls (at 25 yards resting on sandbags). Six minutes of angle with no training, I hope that'll come down to 2 minutes of angle in field positions after the Appleseed folks are done with me.

M198

imported post

Wedding on the 13th. How about that Sunday the 14th?

demnogis

imported post

UPDATE!!!

This event is still happening on the 20th, at the listed time.

I will not be able to attend but I will continue to coordinate it. So far we have about 5 people RSVP'd. I'll do my best to get a table or two reserved for "OC-OCers". Hopefully we can get a friendly face to have a flier or something at the table so we'll know where to sit :)

PLEASE PM ME with RSVP! I'll need a good headcount. Let me know if you're bringing a friend. OCing is optional, we'd never force anyone to do it :)

Thanks!

tuna quesadilla

imported post

Can anybody who's coming to this event bring a spare holster? I want to bring my brand new Glock 17 but it's so new I haven't bought a holster for it, and I'm not sure I'll be able to buy a good holster before this event! :(

demnogis

imported post

There's a few places you can get to and find a holster.

There's the Fowler Gun Room on Tustin, the Stockade in Westminster and Grant Boys on Newport Blvd in Costa Mesa.

Best results would be eBay though. That's where I bought my holster.

Keep in mind most holsters are made in China and are not a good fit. Some modification may be required.

Look for a vendor on eBay known as "Old Man Holsters", I think. That's who I bought my drop-leg holster from. He makes them here, it fits great and I only needed to sew one tiny part.

tuna quesadilla

imported post

Yeah. I was just thinking I don't think I'll have the spending money to buy a nice, quality holster before the 20th (I'm looking at some Safarilands, Blackhawks, etc). Maybe I'll just have to tide myself over with one of those cheapo made in china deals until I can buy a good one.

pullnshoot25

imported post

Buy a good holster the first time around.

Plenty of people make Glock holsters, just take a gander.

If you want nice leather, my guy makes one. http://simplyrugged.com

If you want a nice Kydex one, Fobus or any other place makes them.

If you want a good leather holster quick, then go to a gun store and pick up a Galco or Fobus.

Bottom line: Get a good holster the first time. Buying stuff twice is lame.

demnogis

imported post

I couldn't agree more. My first drop-leg holster was the UTG brand. Lots of positive reviews. I get it and the threading comes apart within the first week. The nylon straps were fraying and the rubber "grip" material inside was breaking after 3 days. Utter, made in China, crap. I bought the "Old Man Holsters". Hand-made in the USA. I've been using it for over 4 months without issue.

pullnshoot25 wrote:
[...] Bottom line: Get a good holster the first time. Buying stuff twice is lame.