• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

GP100 Suggestions?

FrayedString

imported post

Currently when I OC I sport a full size Kimber Custom II in a Serpa. However lately I've been seriously considering picking up a 4" blued Ruger GP100. The few quick searches that I've run so far haven't turned up much as far as similar retention and release mechanisms to my 1911 Serpa for a revolver.

Anyone have any suggestions for an OC holster for a 4" GP100?

curtiswr

imported post

I had a cheapo Fobus. I didn't like it too much.

I also looked at blade-tech.com and they offered a kydex holster for the GP-100. I don't think it has a push button like the Serpa, but it might be closest you'll get in material/feel and have a decent holster. It has an adjustable tension screw for retention.

http://blade-tech.com/Paddle-Holster-pr-876.html