• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC Dinner in Tucson

jeremy05

imported post

Hey everyone im new to the site, and the state! Was looking to meet some people and just generally make some friends outside of work. Anyone have any good locations to set up a possible meet?

Edit... Anyone interested?

Dahwg

imported post

Ya we definitely need to do something down here. Got a few of us out here. GWBiker, SonoraRebel, a few others. Could be fun, anyone else game?

GWbiker

imported post

A couple of suggestions: There should be a large gathering dinner in the Phoenix area within coming weeks. A bit of a travel, but some 30 persons with handguns attended several weeks ago at a Glendale Golden Corral.

In Tucson, Golden Corral on 22nd seems to accept OC. I've eaten there many times while carrying a big old nasty black handgun.;) They have a back room.

jeremy05

imported post

Phoenix is a hike for me, Im from Sierra Vista. I would be willing to go though.

The Golden Corral in Tucson. That sounds cool. Maybe a July Meet or something to that effect. Saturday?

Dahwg

imported post

There's a tea party July 4, but it will be at Kennedy Park and you need to have your CWP in order to carry there. But maybe afterward?

If we can get a count, I can maybe talk to the manager about getting the back room or a section of the restaurant.

GWbiker

imported post

Golden Corral on 2082 E. Florance Blvd, Casa Grande might be a good location for the June Dinner meet. Info was passed on to the Phoenix crowd, hopefully a dinner will be scheduled there.

After the July Tea party dinner meet sounds like fun. I'm in!!:cool:

Dahwg

imported post

PavePusher wrote:
I've never asked their official policy, but I've eaten while OCing at 0200 hrs in the IHOP on Grant several times.....

I eat at the IHOP on Cortaro and I-10 just about every Saturday mid-morning. Always OC, never a word or shocked look- but if you're coming all the way up here, might as well do the 30 extra minutes up to Casa Grande.

GWbiker

imported post

Dahwg wrote:
PavePusher wrote:
I've never asked their official policy, but I've eaten while OCing at 0200 hrs in the IHOP on Grant several times.....

I eat at the IHOP on Cortaro and I-10 just about every Saturday mid-morning. Always OC, never a word or shocked look- but if you're coming all the way up here, might as well do the 30 extra minutes up to Casa Grande.
I-HOP on Grant/Rosemont or Golden Corral on 22nd would be two choice locations. I think late June or early July might be a good time frame.

We could even invite a few Trolls from NJ, NC, CT and CA to join for an open carry meet & eat.....;)