• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Fredericksburg Show

t11spanner

imported post

Good afternoon to all!

Since moving to NOVA, I have been to the Dale City show twice Chantilly once and Hampton once.

Is the Fredericksburg show this weekend (5-30/31) worth the trip down from Falls Church?

Not being one to shy away from a show, I was just wondering the opinions.

I have no hockey games to referee Saturday, so I was thinking about strolling down before I have to come back up for work.

Carl

kaiheitai17

Founder's Club Member
imported post

The Fredericksburg show has been spotty. A few times, it has been good, a few times it has been "meh", a few times I walk away thinking I could have done better things with my admission money. It's one of those shows that you really take your chances on. It is larger than the Dale City show, smaller than the Richmond (Showplace) show. Not near as large as the Chantilly show.

Of all those, I like the Richmond Showplace show the best. You should try to make one of those if the opportunity ever occurs.

I'll go to the Frednecksburg show cause it is close to home.

rlh2005

Founder's Club Member
imported post

I suspect this show will be more hit or miss than before with (1) the Republic Party Convention in Richmond, (2) the sky hasn't fallen due the presidential election, and (3) summer beach season has started, and (4) all the HS and college graduations over the past and next few weeks.

That said, I'll be at the VCDL table on Sunday afternoon.

I'm still looking for someone to work the VCDL table on Saturday afternoon.

--
RLH
VCDL Fredericksburg Gun Show Coordinator

vamarine

imported post

I went last fall wasnt to bad about half the size maybe little smaller than the chantilly show. ill be attending tomorrow at 9

wheelerXD

imported post

is there usually anyone there that can put night sights on a glock. I know one of the gunshows I've been to in the past has had someone there that sells them and installs them can't remember if that was at the Chantily one or a different one. Thanks hopefully i can get some for my G23 and get a few mags and some HP's

Semper Fi

wheelerXD

imported post

Just got back from the show, it wasn't to bad there not to many people which made it easy to walk around. Was able to get a 50 rnd box of hydroshocks and a spare G23 Mag. Although couldn't find any night sights might have to go out to VA Arms next weekend see if they got anything that'll work for me. They had plenty of ammo and to many kids trying to look like they part of the Trench Coat Maffia or what ever it's called these days.

Semper Fi

t11spanner

imported post

I too just arrived at work after riding down.

First, I was impressed as to how they handle the line getting in.

Not as many Ammo dealers as I thought there would be.

Plenty of room to move around.

Nice selection of weapons.

I was kicking around the purchase of the Charter Arms 44 Sp snub nose from Trader Joe's, but with Ohio Bike Week coming up, I decided to wait.

The only thing that made me go "hmm" was the guy that was zip tying guns at the door, was fine with me unloading my Glock in the "clearing barrell", but became irate after cutting the tie when I went to the same barrell to reload before leaving.

I will end up going again!

Carl

Paragon

imported post

I went there as well, and was a bit disappointed. All I really wanted was a new forend for my Mossberg 500, but the only one I found was in a package with a stupid folding stock. No thanks. I did fondle a few ARs, and almost bought one, until I broke it down and found some inexplicable gouges in the upper reciever.

I was a bit annoyed when I walked in, and was informed that I had to go clear my weapon at the car and leave the ammo there as well. The cop that was standing there seemed lost when I asked what the clearing barrel was for. The gentleman that zip-tied my gun explained to me that they're trying to get out of having a clearing barrel, since apparently someone had an ND into it at the last show.

I did see more "trench-coat-mafia" kids than normal, though. The one that really stood out was a guy walking around with a duty belt, an empty drop holster on his right leg, and a kabar on his left leg.

GWRedDragon

imported post

t11spanner wrote:
I was kicking around the purchase of the Charter Arms 44 Sp snub nose from Trader Joe's, but with Ohio Bike Week coming up, I decided to wait.
Is there a place called Trader Joe's, or do you mean Trader Jerry's? Trader Jerry's has a 'no loaded firearms' sign at their retail store...

ProShooter

www.ProactiveShooters.com, Richmond, Va., , USA
imported post

gotsig wrote:
is there usually anyone there that can put night sights on a glock. I know one of the gunshows I've been to in the past has had someone there that sells them and installs them can't remember if that was at the Chantily one or a different one. Thanks hopefully i can get some for my G23 and get a few mags and some HP's

Semper Fi
Usually the Glock Doc is there. He did my sights.