Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: Bellingham Wally World 9mm

  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Lynden, Washington, USA
    Posts
    73

    Post imported post

    For anyone in the area I just went by to check on their ammo supplies and I didn't believe it, they had a ton of BB 9mm. Their shelves where packed with it, although that was about the only thing on them.

    Also, I feel like mentioning how odd it feels to be asked for your ID when your buy ammo when your OC'ing and have your hand gun in plane sight :?

  2. #2
    Regular Member FMCDH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    St. Louis, MO
    Posts
    2,043

    Post imported post

    cdjspider wrote:
    Also, I feel like mentioning how odd it feel to be asked for your ID when your buy ammo when your OC'ing and have your hand gun in plane sight
    hehe

    They are just following the law man, just following the law. Would that more people asked for ID for credit cards and such. When I was in Alaska, I would say I was asked for ID about 90 percent of the time. I get back to Washington and its only about 30 percent of the time. :quirky wtf?

    Apparently, identity theft is much less common in metropolitan areas? lol

  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bellingham, WA, ,
    Posts
    58

    Post imported post

    Thanks for the heads up Spider. I was waiting for them to get another shipment. $8.97 for 115gr. Blazer Brass. I was at Kesselrings earlier this week (horrible customer service as usual...) and what 9mm they had was atleast $14 a box. Heads up for pocket gun folks though. They got in a big shipment of .380.

  4. #4
    Regular Member krazichinaman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Between Seattle/Tacoma, WA
    Posts
    177

    Post imported post

    Funny that you bring that up.I was there yesterday and picked up 6 boxes of 9mm. Came out to about 58$ with tax.Went there today around 730ish and picked up 6 boxes of .45 ACP(14.97 a box)around 98$ with tax. So for those trying to pick up .45 ACP, they are there but they didnt put them on the shelves. You need to ask specifically for them.

    Out of all the clerks there, Andy (He wears NRA gear) is the best to deal with. He doesn't give you an attitude when you ask about ammo.

    Glad to see that there are some gun people up here... I need to get to know some people in the area. I recently moved up here and just go home after work...would love to get to know some of the local faces.

  5. #5
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Blaine, WA, ,
    Posts
    1,315

    Post imported post

    krazichinaman wrote:
    Glad to see that there are some gun people up here... I need to get to know some people in the area. I recently moved up here and just go home after work...would love to get to know some of the local faces.
    Probably time for an OC get-to-gether. After June 16th would be best for me. Any thoughts or preferences as to where or do we want to hit IHOP again? I still like Sunday morning as my shop isn't open on Sundays.

  6. #6
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Lynden, Washington, USA
    Posts
    73

    Post imported post

    I'd be up for a OC get-to-gether personally, I'm still kind of new to this area too. Any Sunday, or even a Wednesday would work for me. If it is sooner than later any day for me, hopefully I can land this job:celebrate

  7. #7
    Regular Member Metalhead47's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    South Whidbey, Washington, USA
    Posts
    2,812

    Post imported post

    I'll jump in on this one too. A Sunday would be great.
    It is very wise to not take a watermelon lightly.

  8. #8
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bellingham, WA, ,
    Posts
    58

    Post imported post

    The IHOP on Bakerview would work. I think that's where the last one occured. I couldnt make it due to a training class for a new (and already layed off) job. Plus its only a 2 minute drive from me. Now I've just gotta find a Serpa that fits my CZ.....

  9. #9
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Lynden, Washington, USA
    Posts
    73

    Post imported post

    Magister wrote:
    The IHOP on Bakerview would work. I think that's where the last one occured. I couldnt make it due to a training class for a new (and already layed off) job. Plus its only a 2 minute drive from me. Now I've just gotta find a Serpa that fits my CZ.....
    would work great for me too.

  10. #10
    Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Whatcom County
    Posts
    17,338

    Post imported post

    FMCDH wrote:
    cdjspider wrote:
    Also, I feel like mentioning how odd it feel to be asked for your ID when your buy ammo when your OC'ing and have your hand gun in plane sight
    hehe

    They are just following the law man, just following the law. Would that more people asked for ID for credit cards and such. When I was in Alaska, I would say I was asked for ID about 90 percent of the time. I get back to Washington and its only about 30 percent of the time. :quirky wtf?

    Apparently, identity theft is much less common in metropolitan areas? lol
    Did he say he used his credit card? I am a little confused. Or is it a law to be asked for ID when buying ammo? I have never been asked for ID when buying ammo.

    Sunday for a meet is usually best day for me too. I'll be in and out of town all summer though. I made up my mind to do more surfing this year, again.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

    U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

  11. #11
    Regular Member FMCDH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    St. Louis, MO
    Posts
    2,043

    Post imported post

    sudden valley gunner wrote:
    FMCDH wrote:
    cdjspider wrote:
    Also, I feel like mentioning how odd it feel to be asked for your ID when your buy ammo when your OC'ing and have your hand gun in plane sight
    hehe

    They are just following the law man, just following the law. Would that more people asked for ID for credit cards and such. When I was in Alaska, I would say I was asked for ID about 90 percent of the time. I get back to Washington and its only about 30 percent of the time. :quirky wtf?

    Apparently, identity theft is much less common in metropolitan areas? lol
    Did he say he used his credit card? I am a little confused. Or is it a law to be asked for ID when buying ammo? I have never been asked for ID when buying ammo.

    Sunday for a meet is usually best day for me too. I'll be in and out of town all summer though. I made up my mind to do more surfing this year, again.
    Ammo is restricted to 18+ and they are "suppose" to ID just like they do for alcohol and the like. I believe there is a 9 year "gray area" where they are suppose to automatically ID you if you don't look at least 30, at least in all the states I have been to.

    In cdjspider's case, he was wearing a pistol which would mean "hopefully" he was 18 or older already. They were probably going through the motions. Like any repetitive job, the checker was probably on auto pilot. :?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •