• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Bellingham Wally World 9mm

cdjspider

imported post

For anyone in the area I just went by to check on their ammo supplies and I didn't believe it, they had a ton of BB 9mm. Their shelves where packed with it, although that was about the only thing on them.

Also, I feel like mentioning how odd it feels to be asked for your ID when your buy ammo when your OC'ing and have your hand gun in plane sight :?

FMCDH

imported post

cdjspider wrote:
Also, I feel like mentioning how odd it feel to be asked for your ID when your buy ammo when your OC'ing and have your hand gun in plane sight
hehe

They are just following the law man, just following the law. Would that more people asked for ID for credit cards and such. When I was in Alaska, I would say I was asked for ID about 90 percent of the time. I get back to Washington and its only about 30 percent of the time. :quirky wtf?

Apparently, identity theft is much less common in metropolitan areas? lol

Magister

imported post

Thanks for the heads up Spider. I was waiting for them to get another shipment. $8.97 for 115gr. Blazer Brass. I was at Kesselrings earlier this week (horrible customer service as usual...) and what 9mm they had was atleast $14 a box. Heads up for pocket gun folks though. They got in a big shipment of .380.

krazichinaman

imported post

Funny that you bring that up.I was there yesterday and picked up 6 boxes of 9mm. Came out to about 58$ with tax.Went there today around 730ish and picked up 6 boxes of .45 ACP(14.97 a box)around 98$ with tax. So for those trying to pick up .45 ACP, they are there but they didnt put them on the shelves. You need to ask specifically for them.

Out of all the clerks there, Andy (He wears NRA gear) is the best to deal with. He doesn't give you an attitude when you ask about ammo.

Glad to see that there are some gun people up here... I need to get to know some people in the area. I recently moved up here and just go home after work...would love to get to know some of the local faces.

heresolong

imported post

krazichinaman wrote:
Glad to see that there are some gun people up here... I need to get to know some people in the area. I recently moved up here and just go home after work...would love to get to know some of the local faces.
Probably time for an OC get-to-gether. After June 16th would be best for me. Any thoughts or preferences as to where or do we want to hit IHOP again? I still like Sunday morning as my shop isn't open on Sundays.

cdjspider

imported post

I'd be up for a OC get-to-gether personally, I'm still kind of new to this area too. Any Sunday, or even a Wednesday would work for me. If it is sooner than later any day for me, hopefully I can land this job:celebrate

Magister

imported post

The IHOP on Bakerview would work. I think that's where the last one occured. I couldnt make it due to a training class for a new (and already layed off) job. Plus its only a 2 minute drive from me. Now I've just gotta find a Serpa that fits my CZ.....

cdjspider

imported post

Magister wrote:
The IHOP on Bakerview would work. I think that's where the last one occured. I couldnt make it due to a training class for a new (and already layed off) job. Plus its only a 2 minute drive from me. Now I've just gotta find a Serpa that fits my CZ.....
would work great for me too.

sudden valley gunner

imported post

FMCDH wrote:
cdjspider wrote:
Also, I feel like mentioning how odd it feel to be asked for your ID when your buy ammo when your OC'ing and have your hand gun in plane sight
hehe

They are just following the law man, just following the law. Would that more people asked for ID for credit cards and such. When I was in Alaska, I would say I was asked for ID about 90 percent of the time. I get back to Washington and its only about 30 percent of the time. :quirky wtf?

Did he say he used his credit card? I am a little confused. Or is it a law to be asked for ID when buying ammo? I have never been asked for ID when buying ammo.

Sunday for a meet is usually best day for me too. I'll be in and out of town all summer though. I made up my mind to do more surfing this year, again.

FMCDH

imported post

sudden valley gunner wrote:
FMCDH wrote:
cdjspider wrote:
hehe

Did he say he used his credit card? I am a little confused. Or is it a law to be asked for ID when buying ammo? I have never been asked for ID when buying ammo.

Sunday for a meet is usually best day for me too. I'll be in and out of town all summer though. I made up my mind to do more surfing this year, again.
Ammo is restricted to 18+ and they are "suppose" to ID just like they do for alcohol and the like. I believe there is a 9 year "gray area" where they are suppose to automatically ID you if you don't look at least 30, at least in all the states I have been to.

In cdjspider's case, he was wearing a pistol which would mean "hopefully" he was 18 or older already. They were probably going through the motions. Like any repetitive job, the checker was probably on auto pilot. :?