• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Vancouver apartments OC friendly?

Window_Seat

imported post

Hay all!

I was originally looking to relocate to the Portland area, but have decided that Vancouver, WA might be a better deal for me. I'm looking at apartments & (preferably) condos online, but there appears to be many to choose from. Cost and location is of course often paramount, but I'm also looking at ones that are not likely to have an anti 2A attitude. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Erik.

FMCDH

imported post

Window_Seat wrote:
Hay all!

I was originally looking to relocate to the Portland area, but have decided that Vancouver, WA might be a better deal for me. I'm looking at apartments & (preferably) condos online, but there appears to be many to choose from. Cost and location is of course often paramount, but I'm also looking at ones that are not likely to have an anti 2A attitude. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Erik.
For the most part, the only way your going to be able to find that out is having a conversation with the landlord and or owner.

As far as I am aware, it is unlawful and non-binding for apartment managers or owners to add such clauses to their lease terms.

If your buying a condo, same applies for purchasing terms and condo association rules.

GreatWhiteLlama

imported post

FMCDH wrote:
Window_Seat wrote:
Hay all!

Erik.
For the most part, the only way your going to be able to find that out is having a conversation with the landlord and or owner.

As far as I am aware, it is unlawful and non-binding for apartment managers or owners to add such clauses to their lease terms.

If your buying a condo, same applies for purchasing terms and condo association rules.
FMCDH is correct.

They cannot prevent you from being a resident because you carry a firearm, anymore than they can deny you because you are black or gay.

This is essentially a civil rights issue. Don't be afraid to treat is as such.