• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

would this holster be appropriate for OC?

soulless

imported post

xd9-1.jpg

the top left. Don't feel like buying a new holster for my XD-9 if I don't have to

AaronS

imported post

Sure is nice that they give you a full belt setup with the XD.

Looks like the holster does not have a snap, or captive holding system. Do you think someone could come up behind you and pull it out? Most CCW holsters I have seen don't have any snaps or buttons. My guess is that it is a good holster for CCW.

I am sure others will chime in about it. The XD is selling very well. Good rep.

soulless

imported post

i like this holster. maybe i'll add a custom retainer snap or something. If not, i'll probably just go buy a new holster from Cabela's.

FogRider

imported post

I think you'll find that while it does hold the gun fairly well, it tends to flop around on your belt and be completely uncomfortable. I don't know of anyone (although I'm sure they are out there) that has used it more than a couple of times before they went out and bought a new holster.

Nutczak

The Northwoods, lakeland area, Wisconsin, USA
imported post

If that is the same-style paddle holster that comes with the XDm, It seems to be real decent for retention and staying put on your side.

There is an allen-bolt to change the level of retention, When I place my XDm in mine, it has an audible "Snap" as holsterthe grabs the inside front edge of the trigger guard.

1911forme

imported post

"Retention strap" , they mean a holster that has a strap that runs around the back of the frame. Could cover the hammer or back of the slide. Several companies offer this for minimal dollars. (Bianchi Accumold , Don Hume , Galco , even Uncle Mikes) Or a Blackhawk style "serpa" holster. This holster incorperates a button on the side of the holster , that doesn't allow removal unless compressed. The holster that comes with your XD (great choice by the way) , is what we call a "twist out" holster , and not atrue retention style.

FogRider

imported post

Nutczak wrote:
If that is the same-style paddle holster that comes with the XDm, It seems to be real decent for retention and staying put on your side.

There is an allen-bolt to change the level of retention, When I place my XDm in mine, it has an audible "Snap" as holsterthe grabs the inside front edge of the trigger guard.
The XDm's come with paddle holsters? Sweet! Sounds like SA got something figured out. It looks like the OP has an XD, which does not have a paddle, just the old style holster with the belt loop about 3 times as big as it needs to be. My 1911 came with the same style, and I never even botherd to take it out of the case, I just went out and got a Serpa right away.

Carcharodon

imported post

I tried the "XD Gear holster" for a little bit and promptly spent $50 on a Serpa. I'm much, much happier now. The belt loop is just too big on the XD holster, plus I like the retention button on the Serpa.