• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Anyone here locally (SE Wisconsin/Milwaukee area) a FFL holder

gila

imported post

I have a Curio and Relic FFL, but I imagine that's not what you are looking for.

gila

imported post

Well, it covers a range of firearms. There are age requirements on what you can purchase using one, but that isn't always as big of a factor as you would think. The BATFE website has all the details. There are also a few places that give you a discount if you have one. Like all .gov licenses, there are certain drawbacks, but you get mail every year from the BATFE! Yay!

GlockMeisterG21

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Try useing the list on GunBroker. You have to be a registered user but sign-up is free if you're not. Click on "Account" then click "Find a FFL Transfer Dealer"

If nobody on there can help you out then the next best thing I'd do is go to the next Gun Show we have and ask around. There is a guy who lives in Brookfield that I have done business with but his name and info escapes me. I'll see if I can dig up some paperwork. Have to have his info somewhere...

Next event is

June 19, 20 & 21- Waukesha Expo Forum
Friday 5-9 Saturday 9-5 Sunday 9-3
1000 Northview Road, Waukesha WI 53188

If you're not looking to just do a transfer and are really looking to order something then your best bet would be wait till the gunshow. Hope this helps!

hugh jarmis

Centurion
imported post

Yes, looking at some nice Kimbers on Gun Broker. Since Fletchers doesn't carry them, and selection at Gander Mountain isn't the greatest, can't shop the shooters shop cause they don't allow OC, and wouldn't shop at badger even if they did support OC, I'm left with gun broker.

Now that someone posted the utility that shows you were local FFL holders are, I'll probably just use that.

Really want to patronize Fletchers to show my appreciation also, so will probably pick up a new airweight for the GF there.

1911forme

imported post

FYI , Kimber is a "dealer direct" line of pistols , and to be a dealer , the buy-in ,is pretty steep. The"GunBroker" route is probably , your best bet. Your std. FFL dealers will find it very tough to locate certain pistols.

PS. Hugh , don't forget Midwest Shooters Supply , they are a Kimber direct dealer and have great prices.

GuruBear

imported post

Hi All.. I'm new here. Was looking around for FFL info. I moved to Milwaukee about 5 years ago and sold all my guns before I left South Carolina. Big mistake. I just read your comment about not going to Badger and I am curious why?

I am not very familiar with the gun shops around here, honestly Badger is the only place I have been and that was just 2 days ago. I heard Badger has some bad press but Im used to most gun shops getting bad mouthed so I didn't really put much stock in it.

Can you tell me why you wouldn't shop there? Sorry a bit off topic, but not much since I am also looking for a trustworthy FFL in Milwaukee.

Thanks!

GB

1911forme

imported post

Gurubear , You can go wherever you like. Someof these guysforget that the firearms community needs to stick together. There is power numbers.

There are several shops that are very well equipped to handle your needs. Shooters Shop on 84th , Badger as you said , and Fletcher's in Waukesha. If you feel like a nice drive , there's always Midwestern Shooters Supply in Lomira. All have ranges also.

Good luck!

Winslow

imported post

I like Badger. I've been going there for years, bought many firearmsand they've always treated me right. Now that they no longer have rental guns the range is much better, the wanna-be's and gangstas don't seem to haunt the place anymore. Andthe range iscompletely re-carpeted.

Shooters Shop on 84th is only a few blocks from me and closer, but I'll drive past it to visit Badger.Won't go there.

M

McX

imported post

i like a law abiding citizen, who i can go to, and buy my stuff from, yeah i'll ask the title of this thread too.

M

McX

imported post

i'm asking because until the gun stores around here allow open carry, i won't buy from them. i'd like an alternative.

1911forme

imported post

Well that attitude doesn't help anyone , or the industry. I've been selling on the distributor level , for over 22 years. And nobody supports the private FFL dealer more than me. They're some of my best customers. But with the changing political climate , who do you think will be the first to disappear (sad but true)?

Honestly, why would you have to carry in a gun shop? That's the last place I'd expect to get robbed. I respect "Shooters" policy on "no open carry". How many accidental discharges do you need before someone gets tagged? I'm sure you'd have a different perspective from the other side of the counter!