Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone here locally (SE Wisconsin/Milwaukee area) a FFL holder

Centurion

Post imported post

Anyone board members here locally (SE Wisconsin/Milwaukee area) an FFL holder?

Post imported post

I have a Curio and Relic FFL, but I imagine that's not what you are looking for.

Post imported post

gila wrote:
    I have a Curio and Relic FFL, but I imagine that's not what you are looking for.
    What does that let you do? Is it for real old guns only?

Post imported post

Well, it covers a range of firearms. There are age requirements on what you can purchase using one, but that isn't always as big of a factor as you would think. The BATFE website has all the details. There are also a few places that give you a discount if you have one. Like all .gov licenses, there are certain drawbacks, but you get mail every year from the BATFE! Yay!

Campaign Veteran GlockMeisterG21's Avatar

Post imported post

Try useing the list on GunBroker. You have to be a registered user but sign-up is free if you're not. Click on "Account" then click "Find a FFL Transfer Dealer"

If nobody on there can help you out then the next best thing I'd do is go to the next Gun Show we have and ask around. There is a guy who lives in Brookfield that I have done business with but his name and info escapes me. I'll see if I can dig up some paperwork. Have to have his info somewhere...

Next event is

June 19, 20 & 21- Waukesha Expo Forum
    Friday 5-9 Saturday 9-5 Sunday 9-3
    1000 Northview Road, Waukesha WI 53188

If you're not looking to just do a transfer and are really looking to order something then your best bet would be wait till the gunshow. Hope this helps!
    “The 1911 pistol remains the service pistol of choice in the eyes of those who understand the problem. Back when we audited the FBI academy in 1947, I was told that I ought not to use my pistol in their training program because it was not fair. Maybe the first thing one should demand of his sidearm is that it be unfair.” — Col. Jeff Cooper, GUNS & AMMO, January 2002

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

Here a link to the GunBroker search of FFL holders by ZIP code.

http://www.gunbroker.com/User/DealerNetwork.asp
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 - "A wise man's heart inclines him to the right, but the fool's heart to the left."

Post imported post

pvtschultz wrote:
    Here a link to the GunBroker search of FFL holders by ZIP code.

http://www.gunbroker.com/User/DealerNetwork.asp
    Cool, I wasn't able to find a way to that without logging in. Cool, well there you go.
    “The 1911 pistol remains the service pistol of choice in the eyes of those who understand the problem. Back when we audited the FBI academy in 1947, I was told that I ought not to use my pistol in their training program because it was not fair. Maybe the first thing one should demand of his sidearm is that it be unfair.” — Col. Jeff Cooper, GUNS & AMMO, January 2002

Post imported post

Hugh , are you looking for a private firearms contact?

Centurion

Post imported post

Yes, looking at some nice Kimbers on Gun Broker. Since Fletchers doesn't carry them, and selection at Gander Mountain isn't the greatest, can't shop the shooters shop cause they don't allow OC, and wouldn't shop at badger even if they did support OC, I'm left with gun broker.

Now that someone posted the utility that shows you were local FFL holders are, I'll probably just use that.

Really want to patronize Fletchers to show my appreciation also, so will probably pick up a new airweight for the GF there.

Post imported post

Kimbers are really hard to find locally right now. I'm looking for one for my uncle atm. Gunbroker is good but check out www.gunsamerica.com as well. Some good prices on there too.

Post imported post

FYI , Kimber is a "dealer direct" line of pistols , and to be a dealer , the buy-in ,is pretty steep. The"GunBroker" route is probably , your best bet. Your std. FFL dealers will find it very tough to locate certain pistols.

PS. Hugh , don't forget Midwest Shooters Supply , they are a Kimber direct dealer and have great prices.

Post imported post

Here is an FFL,he goes to all the waukesha gunshows and is reasonable.His name is Todd.

http://www.dynamicfirearmsolutions.com/

Post imported post

Hi All.. I'm new here. Was looking around for FFL info. I moved to Milwaukee about 5 years ago and sold all my guns before I left South Carolina. Big mistake. I just read your comment about not going to Badger and I am curious why?

I am not very familiar with the gun shops around here, honestly Badger is the only place I have been and that was just 2 days ago. I heard Badger has some bad press but Im used to most gun shops getting bad mouthed so I didn't really put much stock in it.

Can you tell me why you wouldn't shop there? Sorry a bit off topic, but not much since I am also looking for a trustworthy FFL in Milwaukee.

Thanks!

GB

Post imported post

Check here:

http://www.fflfinder.com/?ST=WI

It's a list of most FFL holders in WI, with pricing to boot! hope this helps!
    Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

Post imported post

Gurubear , You can go wherever you like. Someof these guysforget that the firearms community needs to stick together. There is power numbers.

There are several shops that are very well equipped to handle your needs. Shooters Shop on 84th , Badger as you said , and Fletcher's in Waukesha. If you feel like a nice drive , there's always Midwestern Shooters Supply in Lomira. All have ranges also.

Good luck!

Post imported post

I like Badger. I've been going there for years, bought many firearmsand they've always treated me right. Now that they no longer have rental guns the range is much better, the wanna-be's and gangstas don't seem to haunt the place anymore. Andthe range iscompletely re-carpeted.

Shooters Shop on 84th is only a few blocks from me and closer, but I'll drive past it to visit Badger.Won't go there.

McX

Post imported post

i like a law abiding citizen, who i can go to, and buy my stuff from, yeah i'll ask the title of this thread too.

Post imported post

"yeah i'll ask the title of this thread too."

McX , I'm not quite sure what you mean by that.

McX

Post imported post

i'm asking because until the gun stores around here allow open carry, i won't buy from them. i'd like an alternative.

Post imported post

Well that attitude doesn't help anyone , or the industry. I've been selling on the distributor level , for over 22 years. And nobody supports the private FFL dealer more than me. They're some of my best customers. But with the changing political climate , who do you think will be the first to disappear (sad but true)?

Honestly, why would you have to carry in a gun shop? That's the last place I'd expect to get robbed. I respect "Shooters" policy on "no open carry". How many accidental discharges do you need before someone gets tagged? I'm sure you'd have a different perspective from the other side of the counter!

Cassville Area -Twelve Miles From Anything, Wisconsin, USA

Post imported post

Since nobody on the forum has come forward as an FFL, I will suggest somebody I have dealt with on several occasions. He is a working stiff who does FFL transfers as a sideline; very congenial, very responsive to your needs, and charges reasonable fees. He is on the outskirts of Muskego.

Brian O'Reilly
    brianoguns@wi.rr.com

Dave
    45ACP-For when you care enough to send the very best-
    Fight for "Stand Your Ground " legislation!

WI DA Gerald R. Fox:
    "These so-called 'public safety' laws only put decent law-abiding citizens at a dangerous disadvantage when it comes to their personal safety, and I for one am glad that this decades-long era of defective thinking on gun issues is over..."

Remember: Don't make old People mad. We don't like being old in the first place, so it doesn't take much to piss us off.

McX

Post imported post

what do you have to do to get a ffl? Maybe one of us should get it!

Post imported post

You need to apply through the ATF.

Post imported post

McX wrote:
    Order the application packet ATF F 5310.12 (Form 7) from here:
    http://www.atf.gov/forms/dcof/

Fill out some paper work, fingerprints and photographs and of course send in a check .

I can see it now "Mechanics and Firearms LTD" I like it! Were gonna need bigger hats.

Seriously, I did consider getting an FFL as the paper work and record keeping really wasn't that bad. At the shop we have two separate offices (as in different addresses and everything) and I wanted to turn half into a separate firearm dealer/entity but didn't want the hassle with the city trying to get the permit, at least not anytime soon. I'm not even going to attempt running it out of this apartment so I'll probably wait until we buy a house hopefully soon. My main purpose was to just do transfers and maybe buy some stuff in bulk and sell for a tiny profit like most home based dealers, I never intend to become a "dealer" or "shop".

Don't buy one of those "FFL" kits I've heard they are a waist of money, just find the information and forms yourself.

A how-to right from the ATF here:
    http://www.atf.gov/firearms/how-to/become-an-ffl.html

Post imported post

Jason in WI wrote:
    McX wrote:
    I wanted to turn half into a separate firearm dealer/entity but didn't want the hassle with the city trying to get the permit"

Have you asked the city about this? I don't think it's as much a pain , as you might think. Especially , if you didn't plan on stocking inventory. Always wondered why anyone would want to operate out of their house? I personally would want to keep it separate, and not have all those customers coming tomy home. You should look into it further , but it's your call.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast