Thread: No guns for African Americanes...the racial roots of gun control

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter Venator's Avatar

Post imported post

To learn more about the racial roots of gun control in America watch this 20 minute video. To download or buy the DVD go here:

From J.P.F.O. http://www.jpfo.org/filegen-n-z/ngn-download-view.htm

Vid # 1 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nckgyfGbdnU

Vid # 2 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2g7Tb...eature=related

An Amazon best seller "MY PARENTS OPEN CARRY" http://www.myparentsopencarry.com/

*The information contained above is not meant to be legal advice, but is solely intended as a starting point for further research. These are my opinions, if you have further questions it is advisable to seek out an attorney that is well versed in firearm law.

Post imported post

im watching that now.

When I buy a gun and I get to the part about race, I check everybox on the form. I think its a ******** question. When are they going to just and a box for AMERICAN. or HUMAN!
    Freedom isn't free, but this is America! We will find a way to outsource it and save some money - Jeremy

Post imported post

jeremy05 wrote:
    im watching that now.

When I buy a gun and I get to the part about race, I check everybox on the form. I think its a bull@#$% question. When are they going to just and a box for AMERICAN. or HUMAN!
    no kidding.

i haven't watched the videos linked yet, but it's not by chance that the only 6 states that prohibit OC are southern states.

Post imported post

Wow, I just watched the videos and they were really educational, as well as interesting. If only we could get the government to realize what they're doing...
    "You'll be walking along.. OC.. and you'll feel GREAT. You'll feel FREEEEE like 1776 kind of Free." -cscitney87

Post imported post

This really is a message that NEEDS to be spread, and especially to black/hispanic communities... i know the roots of the gun control movement through history have always stemmed out of wanting to oppress a people, and in the US it was fueled by racism against blacks..but in my community we are about 75% blacks/hispanics and 25% white/asian/other.... of that 75% black/hispanic population almost all of these families are lower income or live in outright poverty... therefor they turn to crime to make money as has been the cultural undertone for at least the last 2-3 decades.

My husband open carries here in our neighborhood.. which does actually make him a possible target depending on where he is and what time of day/night he is out due to the high violent crime rate/gang activity etc... but he does this because he is approached by someone almost everytime he's out walking the dog,or to the grocery store asking questions about his gun..usually middle school aged children... he will give them a pamphlet, tell them about their rights, and even lectures them on gun safety, and not to get into fights and other things like that because if they get into trouble with the law they will essentially give up the right to ever have a gun (legally)

He gets nothing but positive responses from kids and adults... never has any issues, never has anyone freak out or anything like that... and he intends on 'changing' our community by taking every opportunity he can to talk to especially kids/teens and parents who inquire.

These videos are spot on. I am white, and really grew up in my white bubble for the most part.. (even my black friends are "white" and my hispanic friends and family members are "white" if you know what i mean) Not that I was not educated or aware of racism etc... but I have never first hand experienced life from the perspective of minorities living in the city and being harassed by law enforcement, and turning to crime to try and take care of money situations, or out of not knowing/having the option in some cases.

I love my house in the city, my neighbors are friendly people who have lived in their homes here for longer than i have been alive... my little corner of town is "nicer" than the surrounding streets. If i walk two blocks in any direction from my house i'm on hot territory. Almost everyone 14+ in my neighborhood are packing heat, and almost none of them are doing so legally, and they carry concealed, and are dealing narcotics or stealing cars, or committing petty crimes.... someone even got busted a couple weeks ago for hosting pitbull fights in their basement.

It saddens me that these kids have such an exposure to this kind of crime, it saddens me that this is where Kalamazoo has gone, and even with an increase and many changes in the police force here... it has not improved, rather gotten worse.

Post imported post

Post imported post

stephgrinage23 wrote:
    This really is a message that NEEDS to be spread, and especially to black/hispanic communities... i know the roots of the gun control movement through history have always stemmed out of wanting to oppress a people, and in the US it was fueled by racism against blacks..but in my community we are about 75% blacks/hispanics and 25% white/asian/other.... of that 75% black/hispanic population almost all of these families are lower income or live in outright poverty... therefor they turn to crime to make money as has been the cultural undertone for at least the last 2-3 decades.

My husband open carries here in our neighborhood.. which does actually make him a possible target depending on where he is and what time of day/night he is out due to the high violent crime rate/gang activity etc... but he does this because he is approached by someone almost everytime he's out walking the dog,or to the grocery store asking questions about his gun..usually middle school aged children... he will give them a pamphlet, tell them about their rights, and even lectures them on gun safety, and not to get into fights and other things like that because if they get into trouble with the law they will essentially give up the right to ever have a gun (legally)

He gets nothing but positive responses from kids and adults... never has any issues, never has anyone freak out or anything like that... and he intends on 'changing' our community by taking every opportunity he can to talk to especially kids/teens and parents who inquire.

These videos are spot on. I am white, and really grew up in my white bubble for the most part.. (even my black friends are "white" and my hispanic friends and family members are "white" if you know what i mean) Not that I was not educated or aware of racism etc... but I have never first hand experienced life from the perspective of minorities living in the city and being harassed by law enforcement, and turning to crime to try and take care of money situations, or out of not knowing/having the option in some cases.

I love my house in the city, my neighbors are friendly people who have lived in their homes here for longer than i have been alive... my little corner of town is "nicer" than the surrounding streets. If i walk two blocks in any direction from my house i'm on hot territory. Almost everyone 14+ in my neighborhood are packing heat, and almost none of them are doing so legally, and they carry concealed, and are dealing narcotics or stealing cars, or committing petty crimes.... someone even got busted a couple weeks ago for hosting pitbull fights in their basement.

It saddens me that these kids have such an exposure to this kind of crime, it saddens me that this is where Kalamazoo has gone, and even with an increase and many changes in the police force here... it has not improved, rather gotten worse.
    As I was reading this I was thinking in the back of my mind something like, "I'm glad I don't live where she lives... it sounds dangerous!" And then I got to the part that said "...it saddens me that this is where Kalamazoo has gone..." and I realized- oh... that's where I live. Wow.

I guess I didn't realize how bad it actually is here. I live just off campus (WMU) and usually stay within the boundaries of west main to westnedge and 131 to downtown. It's easy to forget that there are bad areas of such a nice city.

Steph, what area of town do you live in?
    "You'll be walking along.. OC.. and you'll feel GREAT. You'll feel FREEEEE like 1776 kind of Free." -cscitney87

Post imported post

I live in the infamous "Edison" neighborhood.

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter Venator's Avatar

Post imported post

stephgrinage23 wrote:
    In a house with a large picture window with an occasional good view.
    An Amazon best seller "MY PARENTS OPEN CARRY" http://www.myparentsopencarry.com/

*The information contained above is not meant to be legal advice, but is solely intended as a starting point for further research. These are my opinions, if you have further questions it is advisable to seek out an attorney that is well versed in firearm law.

Post imported post

stephgrinage23 wrote:
    Hmm, haven't heard of it. I don't watch local news and I rarely venture too far from the better parts of Kzoo, so that may be why I'm not familiar with it. Oh well.

Post imported post

Yeah Edison can be rough...
    Anything I post may be my opinion and not the law... you are responsible to do your own verification.

Blackstone (1753-1765) maintains that "the law holds that it is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."

Post imported post

Think the area near actual downtown Kzoo... between Westnedge (S. Park) and Portage road.

We are just east of what is usually referenced as "the student ghetto"...you know, the part of town where all the Mexican and black people live.... that's the Edison neighborhood.