Thread: Public Parks

Post imported post

It's quite amusing. The only people I get googly eyes from :what:while I OC in a public park (with my children) are from teenagers who think they're bad-a$$es or [teenagers] who think they're in a gang.
    Watching these kids whip out their cell phones, (we all know who they're calling...) close them back up with confused and frustrated faces, then watching them slowly leave the park is absolutely hilarious!!!

As for the rest of the people in the public park.... they don't care. Even single mommies with children stick around.

Post imported post

I got my first comment at the gas station the other day--"what a beautiful gun!" I was carrying my SIG C3 in a Fobus, so it was mostly exposed. I thanked him and told him it shoots as good as it looks. In EL Paso County, OC is an every day occurance.
    "For any man who sheds his blood with me this day shall be my brother...And gentlemen now abed shall think themselves accursed, they were not here, and hold their manhoods cheap whilst any speaks who fought with us on Crispin's day." Henry V

Post imported post

You've got that one on a silver platter.
    Sheriff Maketa not only openly endorses open carry, but actually encourages El Paso County citizens to do so.

Post imported post

LOL... funny you should bring this up now. I got this reaction for the first time last weekend. I was OC in OCC during Territory Days. The place was fairly crawling with high school kids in police uniforms with "Explorer" on their shoulder patches. I think it's an extension of the Scouting programs to familiarize kids with different professions, one of which being law enforcement.

Anyway... I'm sauntering down the street and notice a gaggle of said Explorers heaing my way. One of them notices my OC and literally goes:what::what::what:and grabs one of his buddies and points and whispers in the other's ear. That was the extent of it and I'd passed several real cops earlier without incident. But I did have to chuckle pretty hard over the kids expression and reaction.

Fort Collins, Colorado Springs, Colorado, USA

Post imported post

albritton77 wrote:
    You've got that one on a silver platter.
    Sheriff Maketa not only openly endorses open carry, but actually encourages El Paso County citizens to do so.

Post imported post

RockyMtnScotsman wrote:
    ... high school kids in police uniforms with "Explorer" on their shoulder patches.** I think it's an extension of the Scouting programs to familiarize kids with different professions, one of which being law enforcement.
    Actually, the explorer program is run by the CSPD and is a program for kids, aged 14.5-21, to gain a better understanding of the criminal justice system and provides a first hand view into all phases of police work, for those wishing to pursue a career in law enforcement.

It's a really good program, one in which I was part of for 2 years. I was 15 when I joined, back when I wanted to be a cop, and then I learned about computers and decided I wanted to work in IT. Now I wish I had stayed and went on to the police academy.