• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open Carry Graffiti Cleanup

timf343

Campaign Veteran
imported post

It was mentioned here before a few weeks ago, but I haven't heard anything since then.

I contacted the Clark County graffiti people and am awaiting a reply.

I think they'll supply the paint and brushes, we just need to provide the muscle.

Who's up for some grunt work?

ourmanthejoker

imported post

I have a cousin of a cousin that works for the state as a painter, specifically graffiti removal. Go-go gadget family networking!

:celebrate

timf343

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Clark County said they MIGHT give us paint and brushes. But if not, it's less than $200 to equip 10 of us.

I will hear Monday whether they will give us paint and brushes and what area they'd like us to work. If not, everyone feel ok with a $20 donation? I'll pick up paint, buckets, and brushes at Home Depot and cover the difference. If they don't care where we go, anyone know any graffiti-heavy areas that need attention? I'll need to know what "color" paint to buy.

About a month ago, there was a graffiti "attack" on a Henderson neighborhood that received press attention. Can someone check what neighborhood this was and do a drive by? If there is still graffiti in this neighborhood, this would be a great target, and would likely receive some press attention.

Tim

ourmanthejoker

imported post

Well as always, anything north las vegas, but i'd like to look else where for this one. Will look into summerlin, centennial, and henderson areas. Hell maybe even east vegas (pfffft!).

Tophog

imported post

If you're gonna go to Home Depot, why not ask them to donate the materials? Large corporations usually don't have a problem with that small of a donation, since it's for a good cause for the community.

Pace

imported post

If you are serious, I will have my company donate the materials and do the press release. Just tell me when.

I carry all over Nevada, Arizona, New MExico, never had a LE encounter.

Tophog

imported post

Pace wrote:
If you are serious, I will have my company donate the materials and do the press release. Just tell me when.

I carry all over Nevada, Arizona, New MExico, never had a LE encounter.
Hey, everyone. This could be a benefit to all involved.

-

Pace,

Thanks for the offer. I hope they are serious.

-

The ball is rolling. But someone has to push every now and then to keep it going.

infinitearms

imported post

Pace wrote:

You beat me to it, but the more people that step up the more of a service we can be to the community.

We would be glad to donate our time and materials to help.

As a new business to NLV i wouldn't mind helping out our new neighborhood.

timf343

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I spoke with Clark County Graffiti Dept and they are interested in giving us an "area" which we keep an eye on, kind of like the "Adopt a Highway" program. In exchange they would supply us with the paint and supplies (they even offered garbage bags and gloves). She said areas tend to get hit over and over again.

If this is too much of a commitment, they said they wouldn't turn down our help on a one-time-basis and would give us a hard-hit area.

Residential private property is an area we're allowed to cover in general. Any commercial business we would have to secure permission first.

They also indicated they need us to work in unincorporated Clark County, rather than one of the incorporated cities. As such, the area she specifically mentioned was off Las Vegas Blvd N in the northeast.

Thoughts?

DON`T TREAD ON ME

imported post

My Idea was eat at farmer Boys Craig and Lamb and keep the vehicles there, from Lamb to Las vegas Blvd every street lamp pole Has graffitti on the south side and a few on the northand theres a short block poney wall, a green utility box and a fire hydrant this may be where they were talking about I just ran that area today on my way home from work. it would be cool if they gave us supplys but if not i will chip in. Dave

Pace

imported post

Well, if you guys are really, really serious. Tell me... I'll send the press relaese out, get some NRA folsk behind it...

best

Kiddo

imported post

I didn't see it mentioned, but when is this going to take place? I would like to participate. I live in Colorado right now, but I am moving back to Vegas next month!

Merlin

imported post

Man, definitely count me in. I'll wrangle the family, and maybe a few friends. Might I suggest an early morning, considering weather?