Thread: Home invasion in Virginia Beach.

Post imported post

http://www.wavy.com/dpp/news/local_n...oting_20090529

Victim turns gun on burglary suspects

Updated: Friday, 29 May 2009, 1:52 PM EDT
    Published : Friday, 29 May 2009, 11:24 AM EDT

VIRGINIA BEACH, Va. - A strange twist in a Virginia Beach shooting investigation Friday. Police tell WAVY.com a burglary victim grabbed one of the suspects' guns and used it to fire at them.

As police search for the three suspects who got away, two nearby schools are on lockdown as a precaution: White Oaks Elementary School and Parkway Elementary School.

Officers were called to the 4100 block of OHare Drive at 10:45 a.m. Friday on a burglary call. A couple minutes later, a shooting call came in, just down the street, according to police spokesperson Adam Bernstein.

Police say the calls are connected.

Bernstein described how it all unfolded,"We have a gentleman who was home alone in his house. He sees people outside and doesn't recognize them. They then force entry into his house. He begins to fight with them. We have four guys at least. Two were armed. During the fight, the homeowner gets shot at, but he was not struck. He was able to obtain one of the guns from one of the suspects. He begins to shoot at the suspects. All the suspects flee the house. One of the suspects was shot. He collapsed about 100-150 yards away from the initial scene. He has been taken to the hospital, but he is in police custody for being a burglary suspect. We are still out here looking for three other suspects involved in this."

If you have any information about this case, call the Crime Line at 1-888-Lock-U-Up.
    Wonder if the homeowner/occupant will go out and purchase a firearm now?

Post imported post

curtiswr wrote:

VIRGINIA BEACH, Va. - A strange twist in a Virginia Beach shooting investigation Friday. Police tell WAVY.com a burglary victim grabbed one of the suspects' guns and used it to fire at them.

As police search for the three suspects who got away, two nearby schools are on lockdown as a precaution: White Oaks Elementary School and Parkway Elementary School.

Officers were called to the 4100 block of OHare Drive at 10:45 a.m. Friday on a burglary call. A couple minutes later, a shooting call came in, just down the street, according to police spokesperson Adam Bernstein.

Bernstein described how it all unfolded,"We have a gentleman who was home alone in his house. He sees people outside and doesn't recognize them. They then force entry into his house. He begins to fight with them. We have four guys at least. Two were armed. During the fight, the homeowner gets shot at, but he was not struck. He was able to obtain one of the guns from one of the suspects. He begins to shoot at the suspects. All the suspects flee the house. One of the suspects was shot. He collapsed about 100-150 yards away from the initial scene. He has been taken to the hospital, but he is in police custody for being a burglary suspect. We are still out here looking for three other suspects involved in this."

If you have any information about this case, call the Crime Line at 1-888-Lock-U-Up.
    If he is smart he will.

Post imported post

Kudos to him! Fight back! Send this kind of scum to hell!!

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

curtiswr wrote:

Why should he? He already has one. The firearm that one of the suspects gave him.

Post imported post

I would surely consider it a gifted item from the would be burglers and would request that it be returned to me after the trial.

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

sccrref wrote:
    I would surely consider it a gifted item from the would be burglers and would request that it be returned to me after the trial.

BATFE would probably enforce an imaginary regulation that makes it illegal to receive a firearm from a prohibited possessor. Then they would gin up the revolver to fire full-auto, and you would get to join poor Olafsson in the federal clink.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Post imported post

kaiheitai17 wrote:
    Why should he? He already has one. The firearm that one of the suspects gave him.
    Although, it's only 1:30am you win the first out loud laugh of the day award :^).

Post imported post

Was the 'homeowner' Chuck Norris or something? This story seems like the kind of thing that could only happen once in a million years. Those bad guys must be total idiots...

I guess we're lucky criminals aren't that smart.

Post imported post

Criminals just don't count on their victims fighting back... hence why four of them decided to tuck tail and run against one good guy. They see that some people aren't walking mats and it scares the heck out of them when they realize they aren't as intimidating or in control as they think they are. Why do you think you see so many surveillance videos of attempted robberies but when the clerk pulls a gun the bad guy runs away like a scared puppy?

They aren't expecting a fight and when they get one most don't know how to react other than run.

Post imported post

curtiswr wrote:
    Criminals just don't count on their victims fighting back... hence why four of them decided to tuck tail and run against one good guy. They see that some people aren't walking mats and it scares the heck out of them when they realize they aren't as intimidating or in control as they think they are. Why do you think you see so many surveillance videos of attempted robberies but when the clerk pulls a gun the bad guy runs away like a scared puppy?

They aren't expecting a fight and when they get one most don't know how to react other than run.
    In response to you and dragon; I would also add that IMO most people would be highly hesitant to kill someone "unrighteously". I would say they have the gun to help them establish dominance, but it's really a bluff, and when that bluff is called they have nothing and are surely not in the market to get their own ass shot. The trick is knowing when it's a bluff and when it isn't, I would assume there really are people out there that could care less if they kill you.

Post imported post

Neplusultra wrote:
    I would assume there really are people out there that could care less if they kill you.

Accurate assumption.

Remember Peter Nap and Skidmark. Do them proud. Be active. Be well informed. ALL rights matter.

"An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when you may have to back up your acts with your life."

--Robert A. Heinlein

Hey NSA! *&$# you. Record this--- MOLON LABE!

Post imported post

This is one of several cases I've read in the last year where the GG took the BGs gun.

Nice of the BG to loan it out, to make the event at least sporting. Fair fight and all that.
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!