Thread: What they teach in Criminal Justice

Post imported post

I have a friend who is trying to become a police officer. He is taking some criminal justice classes at Oakland Community College. In one of his classes recently they discussed the topic of open carry. Just thought I would let you guys know that this topic is making its way down the totum pole. :celebrate

Post imported post

As far as I know, the Oakland County Sheriff's Department goes over there to train. Our little interactions with them may have something to do with this revelation.
    Answer every question about open carry in Michigan you ever had with one convenient and free book- http://libertyisforeveryone.com/open-carry-resources/

The complete and utter truth can be challenged from every direction and it will always hold up. Accordingly there are few greater displays of illegitimacy than to attempt to impede free thought and communication.

Post imported post

That's good to know.

One of the guys I used to work with recently graduated from the academy at Kellogg Community College. He argued with me that OC wasn't legal. I gave him the details and he said he'd have to "look it up". A little while later he had his book out and showed me where it clearly stated that open carry WAS legal. He was dumbfounded because he said it went directly against everything the instructors told them.

Bronson
    Those who expect to reap the benefits of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it. Thomas Paine

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter Venator's Avatar

Post imported post

Bronson wrote:
    That's good to know.

One of the guys I used to work with recently graduated from the academy at Kellogg Community College. He argued with me that OC wasn't legal. I gave him the details and he said he'd have to "look it up". A little while later he had his book out and showed me where it clearly stated that open carry WAS legal. He was dumbfounded because he said it went directly against everything the instructors told them.

Bronson
    Imagine that!
    An Amazon best seller "MY PARENTS OPEN CARRY" http://www.myparentsopencarry.com/

*The information contained above is not meant to be legal advice, but is solely intended as a starting point for further research. These are my opinions, if you have further questions it is advisable to seek out an attorney that is well versed in firearm law.

Post imported post

Bronson wrote:
    That's good to know.

Bronson
    At least your cop friend actually had the open mind to look it up. My whole incident in Detroit spawned from meeting an off duty LEO who told me it wasn't legal and then flat out refused to do any verification. He wouldn't agree to to ask his superiors, talk to a union attorney, or even look up the laws I cited for him. So to prove my point, I accepted his challenge to "show up and see what happens".

Police are people too. You've got some good ones, and you've got some stubborn ones. Just like anyone else in any other profession.

Post imported post

Being ignorant while not a mortal sin sure does cause some people serious trouble
    Anything I post may be my opinion and not the law... you are responsible to do your own verification.

Blackstone (1753-1765) maintains that "the law holds that it is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."