• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

UOC Holster Ruger SP101

VAReact

imported post

Hi All,

Been lurking for awhile, and have seen talk of retention holsters for semi-automatic pistols. What would be a good holster for UOC for a Ruger SP-101 revolver along the same lines? I have a Simply Rugged Silver Dollar Pancake, but don't know that I would feel confortable UOC with it. I want something that has more retention to it -any recommendations? Sorry if this has been addressed before.

Thanks!

pullnshoot25

imported post

I use a Simply Rugged Sourdough for my UOC adventures (http://caopencarry.blogspot.com/2008/11/my-simply-rugged-opinion.html) and while I would like retention on it, I haven't had any issues. I do plan on ordering another holster with retention (hopefully the Tribute) for my Tracker but I am currently unsure about the red holster with a black belt...

Ask Rob if he will make a Tribute for you!

If not, then Galco makes one for sure.

VAReact

imported post

Hi Pullnshoot25,

First off, let me say that I love what you are doing. You have heart and soul -and I salute you; you are a real mensch!

Thank youfor the reply -unfortunately the link didn't work? I will look into your recommendations for the other holsters mentioned, though.

Look forward to the future!