• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

How Far Will Some People Let Their State Go??

40s-and-wfan

imported post

This is ridiculous. Can we all say Fourth Amendment Violation?? C'mon guys, it's not difficult to look at something like this and tell a state that enough is enough and the people aren't going to put up with anymore crap!
This is a blatant disregard for the Constitutional Rights of those resident's in this fair state, although I've gotta say that it's kinda' their own fault. Doesn't sound as though anyone is standing up to fight this or anything. I feel sorry for the Law Enforcement Agency that were to try something like that in Montana. I like to think that as residents of this great state, we have enough collective balls to stand up and tell the cops/government/whomever to piss up a hair rope if they were to try something like this!
I hope someone does something about this and I hope to be able to post a thread in the near future saying that this whole thing was challenged and overturned due to extreme displeasure on the part of Wisconsin residents!! This makes me sick. Nothing get's on my nerves like hearing of a state or a states government (or law enforcement for that matter) that over-steps it's authority and does things way out of the scope of their jurisdiction and that of the Constitution!!
Guess we'll just have to keep Wisconsinites (is that even a word) in our prayers and hope they do something about it!!

http://archives.chicagotribune.com/2009/may/07/news/chi-ap-wi-gps-police

40s-and-wfan

imported post

They already have it in there, that's why I put it in here because I wanted Montanan's to be aware of what's happening in other states so we don't let it happen here!!