Thread: Oklahoma Pharmacist

Post imported post

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090530/...rmacy_shooting

I don't know. I'm actually kind of torn on this one.
    On one side of the coin, I see the individual protecting his own life, the lives of his employees, and the integrity of his business.

On the other hand....
    The perpetrator was laying on the floor, unconscious from a gunshot wound to the head, and unarmed. The pharmacist then goes behind his counter, grabs a second firearm, and finishes the perp off.

<sigh>

At the very least....
    This will be an interesting discussion.

Post imported post

Post imported post

Oops. Sorry.

Post imported post

I, somewhat feel the same way, but, bottom line is , it sends a mesage to those with the same tendacies . Nothing else seems to work.? cuzzin dick

Post imported post

Does anyone have any updates on this story?..... haven't heard anything in awhile.
    "My dedication to my country's flag rests on my ardent belief in this noblest of causes, equality for all. If my future rests under this earth rather than upon it, I fear not."

-Leopold Karpeles, US Civil War Medal of Honor Recipient

Post imported post

Any updates on this story? Haven'tbeen able to find anything out online.
    "My dedication to my country's flag rests on my ardent belief in this noblest of causes, equality for all. If my future rests under this earth rather than upon it, I fear not."

Post imported post

albritton77 wrote:
    http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090530/...rmacy_shooting

I don't know. I'm actually kind of torn on this one.
    I was too"torn on this one" until I saw that the owner of the store was in a full back brace, and not in a postition to fight his way out of a paper bag.The guy feared for his life and the life of a mother and daughter in the store. Hopefully the jury have people like me on it for the trial, I hope they see not only him shooting the guy on the floor but understand why he shot him. I saw him and his lawyer of Fox News.
    Utah Certified Concealed Firearms Permit Instructor
    NRA Pistol Instructor & RSO

Lover of Freedom

Post imported post

i didnt read the whole story...who said the kid was unconscious??? you couldnt see him in the video..he could of been reaching for his gun.......

Post imported post

The one detail of this case that has not been verified as of yet in the press is whether or not the suspect was armed or not. Some stories I've read said he wasn't, the others didn't say at all.

If he wasn't armed......

Post imported post

I would of told the police he was reaching for the gun still.....I wouldn't care if you were down and out..you tried to kill me so guess what...your going to go see your maker no matter what....

SEMPER FI....

Post imported post

ocholik wrote:
    I would of told the police he was reaching for the gun still.....I wouldn't care if you were down and out..you tried to kill me so guess what...your going to go see your maker no matter what....

SEMPER FI....
    Even if he wasn't armed in the first place?

Post imported post

from what i have heard on the story,the one he killed was not armed. but his acomplice was. that one got away, i believe he was wounded, not sure though. the pharmacist knew for a fact that the oter guy was armed. the entire incident took place it about 45 seconds. not alot of time when you are in fearfor your life. in that span of time though he might not have actually seen the one robber with a gun, there was no way to know 100% that he was not armed. he took measures to ensure the threat was neutralized, and his life and any one else in the stores life was no longer in danger. armed or not, if you are not willing to loseyour life, don't try to rob someone.

Post imported post

So the one he shot was unarmed....Well if you came into my house trying to rob me and one was unarmed....both are getting shot at.....or even if its only one comming in unarmed ..i am not going to wait until i see if you have a gun or not......you will be layign on the floor...

Post imported post

ocholik wrote:
    So the one he shot was unarmed....Well if you came into my house trying to rob me and one was unarmed....both are getting shot at.....or even if its only one comming in unarmed ..i am not going to wait until i see if you have a gun or not......you will be layign on the floor...
    Go back and read the whole story and watch the security video. The reason he was charged is the BG that didnt get away was shot during the initial shootout, the pharmacist chased the known armed BG out of the store, came back in about 20 seconds later, walks past the other BG still on the floor, goes behind the counter and gets another gun, comes back and puts 5 rounds in the guy on the floor at point-blank range. That BG is the one that the news is saying was unarmed.

http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum60/26329.html

Can anyone supply an update on this case? Haven't seen anything on it in awhile.

Quote Originally Posted by MarlboroLts5150 View Post
    Can anyone supply an update on this case? Haven't seen anything on it in awhile.
    http://www.kfor.com/news/local/kfor-...tory?track=rss

Goes to trial in May. Judge just rejected defense's attempt to have the DA removed from the case.
    cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscripti catapultas habebunt